Monday, January 23, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #4}


Happy Homemaker Monday everyone! I am linking up with Diary of a SAHM again. I hope you all had a great weekend! It was an OK weekend here. Hubby had to work Saturday so he didn't get home til late afternoon. We had church on Sunday (which was awesome!) and then we all came home and tried to take naps. The kids were successful, the adults...well, let's just say the cat and the dog wanted to be obnoxious! LOL!

The Weather:::
It is raining and cloudy (yet again). We have had a very gloomy winter. Although, it hasn't been that cold so I can't complain. It is about 42 degrees right now. It is supposed to get to the 50's.

On My Reading Pile:::
The Old Schoolhouse Magazine! I love this magazine. It is only digital now, but I got my last print copy in the mail a few days ago and I am one happy girl. I am also reading a book about Revelation. It is incredible. It is for a review.

On My TV:::
Right now- Dora
Later- my normal Monday night shows I watch with Hubby. Probably not much else.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- leftover white chicken chili and cornbread
Tuesday- cheeseburgers and tator tots
Wednesday- oven-baked BBQ chicken, peas, and rice pilaf
Thursday- pizza night
Friday- going to my mom's house since Hubby has inventory and won't be home til very late :(
Saturday- roasted chicken with herb noodles and a veggie side
Sunday- crockpot potato soup and crusty French bread

On My To Do List:::
Clean out my pantry (already did that), fold and put away clean laundry (already did that), clean the hallway bathroom, wipe down sink in my bathroom, and sweep the kitchen and toy room floors.

What I Am Sewing/Creating:::
I have been making quilt yo-yo's for the past week. I am not sure what I will do with them, but I have some ideas. What do you think?

These are the first two that I did. I am actually a lot better at it
now, but haven't taken any pics yet. The middle is a lot
tighter on the most recent ones. Aren't they cute!?

Looking Around The House:::
I see Bear sitting on top of the toy box (with all of the toys out of it!) and Ducky is playing with all the toys. I also see an empty sink (thanks for doing the dishes Hubby).

From The Camera:::


Something Fun To Share:::
I will be an Auntie again next Monday!! My little sister is going in to be induced to have my 5th niece. I have 9 nephews also! Yay for babies!

On My Prayer List:::
My little sister and the new baby. Also, a friend of mine from MOPS had a stroke last week (actually a couple of them). Please pray that God will heal her completely.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
I recently found a website with a free devotional. I am starting that one today. I am also going to start reading in Galatians today.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present you bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service." -Romans 12:1

God Bless,


Kristy


1 comment:

Sandra said...

So much goodness to read, I really enjoy going around and catching up with everyone :)

My kids used to do that when they were little, one would either climb into or onto the toy box and the other would be outside catching everything and playing with it LOL

Great menu too, yum.