Monday, January 30, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #5}


Thank you for joining me again on this wonderful Happy Homemaker Monday. I hope you had a great weekend. Even though Hubby had to work (A LOT!) we had a good one. We made the best of the time we all had together. We went to the park for an hour on Saturday and went to church on Sunday. The weather has gotten pretty cold so we couldn't do much else.

The Weather:::
It has gotten pretty chilly here in the last couple of days. As a matter of fact, Hubby had to start his car and let it warm up to get the ICE off of his windows before he left for work this morning. Of course, he leaves for work at 6am.

On My Reading Pile:::
Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury. I just love her books. It will probably only take me 2 or 3 days to finish this book. It would be shorter if I didn't have little ones I had to tend to...LOL!

On My TV:::
Right now...Chuggington for Bear to watch while Ducky is still sleeping. I probably won't get to watch any TV today myself. We recently got rid of Netflix (b/c it never worked for us on our Wii or computer) so that will get help me to not watch TV as much :)

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- fend for yourself (I have other plans...see "Something Fun To Share")
Tuesday- chicken Parmesan with spaghetti and marinara sauce and french bread and a side salad
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- wacky breakfast
Friday- meatloaf pockets with scalloped potatoes and peas
Saturday- crock pot taco soup with corn bread
Sunday- leftovers

On My To Do List:::
Before I have my afternoon plans, I have to fold and put away all the laundry we did over the weekend. Then, I need to exercise and get the kids ready for Poppy coming over to babysit them for a couple of hours til Hubby comes home. I just want to make sure the house is tidy before I leave :)

What I am Sewing/Creating:::
I have been working on crocheting...I am terrible at it. I have even had someone show me personally how to do it. I have looked at all of the youtube videos and I have gone to all the websites. I think I might try to find a class or something. Maybe practice makes perfect...we shall see. I do enjoy doing it though!

Looking Around The House:::
I see a bunch of toys that weren't cleaned up last night before bed (we will also be doing that this morning). I also see Bear playing with our dog Marley. He is having a whole conversation with her. It is so cute. I also see a tunnel of pillows in my living room that Bear and Ducky made last night. It is their "fort". I left it up so they could play with it today.

From The Camera:::


Something Fun To Share:::
Here is the big news...my sister is having her baby today and I get to go to the hospital for the BIG event. I am so excited. I don't know when she will have the baby...but I am hoping to be in the room with her when she delivers. I have never seen an actual birth. I really want to. She was in the room when I delivered Ducky...so it's only fair right?? We will see. I won't be sad if not. I am just glad to have another little one in the family to love. I will post pics next time (maybe for Friday Favorites!).

On My Prayer List:::
My little sister, of course, having the baby today. Also, my MIL is in Iowa visiting her mom who had a heart attack recently and some other health problems.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"Be kind and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." -Ephesians 4:2
(I have made this verse my life verse for this year)

A devotional I am doing is: 31 Days of Love Challenge
*It is a devotional/challenge to gain love and respect for your husband. To fall more deeply in love with him. It is wonderful!*

God Bless,


Kristy

4 comments:

Olyvia Smiles said...

Love the photo of your cute little ones!!

Congratulations on expecting a nephew or neice!!!!!

I've had the privelege of attending a few birth and it's a miracle every time!!

Sherry said...

I love, love, love the Karen Kingsbury Tuesday Morning books! So moving and heartfelt.

Have a blessed week,

Sherry

Sandra said...

LOVE the Karen Kingsbury Tuesday Morning books as well, read them all in one weekend LOL

Congratulations again on being an aunty :)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Congrats on your niece or nephew! I've never seen a birth myself, but I think I would pass out! ;)
Hope you don't give up on your crochet. It just takes practice. Once you've got the hang of it--you're hooked!