Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Welcome back everyone! I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and New Year. I know we sure did. We are looking forward to what 2012 has in store for us. Hubby and I are making positive changes in our lives. I am also making a few changes to my blog. I am starting with Monday (which happens to be today!). I am now going to link up with another blog (Diary of a Stay at Home Mom). She does one called "Happy Homemaker Monday". So...here goes:



The Weather:::
Today has been sunny but cold. I don't mind though...it is winter after all.

On My Reading Pile:::
I am currently reading only one book (but have a few on the waiting list). The first one is The Daniel Fast (review will be up at the end of the week) and a devotional called 31 Days to Clean. Should be fun!

On My TV:::
Probably not much tonight. But, I did watch the movie The Help today and it was EXCELLENT! Please rent it when you get the chance.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Homemade chili
Tuesday- Nachos using the leftover chili with cheese and sour cream. Yum!
Wednesday- Homemade chicken pot pie with salad
Thursday- Sloppy joes with french fries and lots of ketchup
Friday- Chicken alfredo with salad
Saturday- Leftovers
Sunday- Hamburger soup and homemade biscuits

On My To Do List:::
Laundry, dishes, putting away all of the Christmas stuff, 31 Days to Clean!

What I Am Sewing Or Creating:::
I am working on finishing my lap quilt. I completed my first full quilt last year and decided to hand sew a small lap quilt. I should be done in about a week :)

Looking Around The House:::
I see a sink full of dishes and a pot of chili simmering on the stove. I also see lots of trains and cars and toys and books in the floor (the life of a SAHM).

From The Camera:::




Something Fun To Share:::
We had some great friends come up to visit us for New Year's Eve. We never stay up to ring in the New Year but we did this year with our friends. We had so much fun talking and laughing at all of the performers on the countdown shows. LOL! Fun times!

On My Prayer List:::
My little sister is having her 5th child at the end of this month (her first girl!!). Also, to have a blessed year and look ahead to the things to come (and not the things in my rearview mirror).

Bible Verse, Devotional:::
Well, my favorite verse is a great one to start off the New Year with. So here goes:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
I am reading 31 Days to Clean as my devotional...it is very good so far!

I hope you all have a great week!


God Bless,

Kristy

2 comments:

Modified Mommy said...

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorites too. Isn't it amazing to know that God is in control?!
Have a great day.

Sandra said...

Glad you're joining in ;)

Yummy menu for the week, some of my favorites on there.

Love your verse, one of my favorites too :)