Thursday, January 5, 2012

{Thankful Thrusday Is Back}


I decided to bring back Thankful Thursday because I have so much to be thankful for in my life. I wanted to have a special place to write them all down each week. I am truly excited about the new way I am doing my blog. I am writing on it a few times a week now, just for fun, because I missed it when I wrote only reviews and serious business.

This week I am thankful for a New Year and new beginnings. I have thought about all of the resolutions people make each year and don't keep. I mean who wouldn't mind losing a few pounds (especially us mothers). We are so hard on ourselves. But God loves us just the way we are. Here are the top 10 New Year's Resolutions according to Google:

1. Spend more time with family and friends.
2. Fit in fitness (exercise more).
3. Tame the bulge (lose weight).
4. Quit smoking.
5. Enjoy life more.
6. Quit drinking.
7. Get out of debt.
8. Learn something new.
9. Help others.
10. Get organized.

Okay, so I don't smoke and I don't drink...so those two are out. Other than that, I totally agree with this list. #1 is very good. We have only a short time on this earth (compared to being in Heaven for eternity) so why not fill it with memories of all of your loved ones? That is actually the one that means the most to me. I not only want to spend more time with them, but I want to spend more time with the ones who REALLY care about me. I don't want to be around negative people, people who bring me down, people who are always in a bad mood, or people who aren't a good influence. I don't mean I won't be around them, just not as much. I want this to be the year of positive changes. I think this one goes along with #5. Enjoy life more. Don't get caught up in everyone else's problems and worries. This is a big one for me. I am going to enjoy my sweet boys and my wonderful husband.


#7 is pretty big too. Get out of debt...that is my dream. I hate having debt, but we are working on this one very hard this year. And, finally #10 is my ultimate goal for my household. We moved into this house a year and a half ago and we still don't have it the way we want it. So I told Hubby to build shelves here, move a shelf there, install new carpet in our 4th bedroom (the classroom), and so on. It's not all shelves, but that will help to get things up off of the floor. We are also going to go through all of the toys (we have like 6 toy boxes) and get rid of stuff. We will go through our clothes and donate or give away to family the ones we don't wear anymore or that don't fit. I say if you haven't worn it in a year...are you really going to ever again? Probably not.

I know I have rambled on a bit, but I just thought I would put all of this down on paper (or blog) so that I have a good starting point. I have already started on the organization. On Sunday, I began a women's devotional called 31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae. It is so amazing. I have done a little research and found that other women who are also doing this devotional do about 3 days worth per week. If you do one per day it can get overwhelming. I am working on Day 3 today. I have already cleaned out my fridge and made a mission statement about why I clean. Here it is:

"I clean my house because God has called me to this place in my life. I want to please Him and become a Proverbs 31 woman. I also want my husband to be happy and have a peaceful haven to come home to each day. Lastly, I want to teach my children how to do the day-to-day tasks with joy in their hearts."

I am going to hang it on my fridge or frame it or something so I can see it everyday. I want to be reminded of why I do what I do everyday. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me and my family this year. God has given us a New Year filled with new beginnings. What a sweet joy!

God Bless,


Kristy

*You can learn more about 31 Days to Clean and Sarah Mae HERE.*

2 comments:

Maple Lane said...

My husband and I downsized drastically about one year ago. We have had to make an effort to keep only what we need and to be very organized with what we do have. Like you, I enjoy making my home a haven for family/friends. We are so very thankful for this new to us home!
May God richly bless you and your family in 2012.

Kristy said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. God bless your family as well!