Thursday, January 12, 2012

{Thankful Thursday}

This is an old pic...but here she is! And, there I am! LOL!

Today I am sooooo thankful for my best friend "Mrs. A". She is so wonderful. Her friendship has been such a blessing. She is honest and trustworthy. If I call her and tell her how awful my day was, she gives me a verse from the Bible to look up. Lo and behold, it is exactly what I needed to hear. I can count on her to pray for me and my family. I have recently been going through a tough time. I emailed her and called her a lot. She didn't respond with negativity or have an attitude of "I have my own problems, why do I want to hear about yours". She responds with love and wisdom. She tells me like it is. If I say something that is outrageous, she calls me out on it. I love that about her.

She has a joy that is so contagious that when you are around her you can't help but laugh and have a good time. I have been around people before that are so stiff and unwelcoming. If you say anything silly they look at you like you are crazy. Well, "Mrs. A" and I already think of ourselves as "cray cray". Haha! That is an inside joke between us.

I am also very thankful for our "girl-time" together. Once a month we try to get together to have coffee or breakfast and just relax. We can talk about ANYTHING and not feel judged. She can count on me and I on her to pray for anything going on in our lives. She is my accountability partner. If I mess up, I want her to tell me. Our "girl-time" coffee breaks are wonderful because we just sit and sip our coffee and talk about life. What our goals are, what is going on at home, what we are involved in at church. The list goes on. It is amazing how much the two of us can talk in just a short time. LOL!

This is my verse to her: "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." -Proverbs 17:17.

She is a genuine, true friend. She loves me like God loves me. Through the ugly times and the joyful times. Through the sad times and through the happy times.

Thank you for being my friend...you truly are a blessing from God in my life.

God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Maple Lane said...

A lovely post about a precious friend; a blessing from God. Through blogging, I have met a wonderful group of Christian women who are tremendous prayer warriors. Friends through the good and the difficult times.