Monday, February 13, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #7}



Another weekend has come and gone. I had a great one! I got a new haircut and got highlights too. I feel like a new woman. LOL! I only get my hair cut once a year, so when I get it done it really means a lot to me. I got about 5 inches cut off. On Sunday, we went to church and had a great time as well. The sermon was soooo good. After church, we got a babysitter (she is so awesome!) and Hubby and I went to a movie. We saw The Vow...it was really good! Then we had soup and sandwiches at Panera Bread. Yum! I love that place. That was our Valentine's Day date since we don't do anything on the actual day. It is usually too costly and time consuming. I hope you had a great weekend too!

The Weather:::
It is REALLY cold outside today. We had a little snow over the weekend. There is still some on the ground today. It is icy cold. Brrr!

On My Reading Pile:::
I just got a new book to review. It is a medieval times romance (faith-based, of course). I am excited to read it. I also got Real Marriage by Pastor Mark Driscoll and his wife from my Hubby. It is good so far.

On My TV:::
Hubby and I will be watching a little TV tonight after the kiddos go to bed. Other than that, the kids will watch Disney Jr. or PBS on and off today.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- "clean out the fridge  night" (eat all leftovers or throw them out)
Tuesday- Sweet and sour chicken with fried rice (homemade by me for Hubby)
Wednesday- Wacky Breakfast night
Thursday- Turkey and cheese wraps with veggies and fruit on the side
Friday- Pizza night
Saturday- lasagna with breadsticks
Sunday- Roast beef, potatoes, carrots, and homemade biscuits

On My To Do List:::
I have to take Ducky to the Dr. today (it is his 18 month check-up). We have to go to the Dollar store to get a few supplies for crafts and then home for naps. I do have laundry and dishes to do as well.

What I am Sewing/Creating:::
Still practicing my crocheting. I am going to look up some youtube videos today. I want to get this down so I can move on to actually making something...LOL!

In Homeschooling:::
We will be working on Reading Eggs again this week. I am also going to be doing some Bible verses with Bear about kindness (he needs a little reminder) and also about obedience.

Looking Around The House:::
There is a basket of laundry waiting to be folded and some towels in the dryer. There is a Thomas the tank engine foam track all over the floor. I also see a little white dog cuddled up in my quilt (she is cold b/c she is a chihuahua).

From The Camera:::


Something Fun To Share:::
Valentine's Day is tomorrow and the kids and I will be making Daddy some cards today with the supplies I am getting from the Dollar store later.

On My Prayer List:::
A few friends going through hard times right now. My in-laws traveling across the country.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::


"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight." -2 Corinthians 5:6-7

God Bless,


Kristy

2 comments:

Modified Mommy said...

I learned to crochet using Better Homes and Gardens 1-2-3 Crochet beginner's guide. They do a pretty good job with the descriptions and illustrations, and its also where I got the pattern for my cuddle blanket. But YouTube definitely helped too!! Good luck! Its so fun once you get the hang of it. :)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Sounds like you had an exciting weekend. I can't decide if I want to see The Vow or not--it might be too sad for me. Hope you get the hang of the crochet.