Monday, February 20, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #8}


*Don't forget to stop by Diary of a SAHM.*

We had a pretty good weekend here. I ran some errands with the boys on Saturday morning while Hubby stayed home and pulled up some carpet in the 4th bedroom (soon to be classroom). He got it all pulled up while I was gone and even started installing the pergo flooring (laminate wood). It is going to look so good. The carpet in there was industrial carpet (you know the kind that costs .50 cents a yard!). Not sure why the former owners put that cheap carpet in there...but now it's going to look a lot better. I am so excited about having a classroom I can hardly stand it. We are going to have one section of it for my desk with my computer and things on it. Then another corner of the room will be for my sewing machine and craft supplies as well as a few shelves for my "wrapping" supplies. It is a large room so the rest of the room will be for the kids classroom. I am going to purchase a used half-moon shaped table and a couple of chairs. My dad gave us a huge dry erase board to put on the wall. He also gave us a bunch of furniture from an office he is remodeling (they gave him permission to give it to us). We got a desk, drafting table, several chairs, book shelves, etc.

On the other little corner of the room will be the "reading area". Hubby is going to put shelves on the wall. I will use the upper shelves for all of my homeschooling resources and the lower part for books for the kids to read. I have baskets already to organize the books into categories that they can read. Next to that we will be getting a couple of bean bag chairs and a fluffy rug for relaxing while reading. Can you tell I am super excited!? I will do a whole blog post about it when it is finished.

The Weather:::
It is very cold today. It even snowed last night (but not much). It is supposed to be almost 70 degrees by Thursday (so we will all be sick). Ha!

On My Reading Pile:::
I am reading a wonderful book called The Guardian Duke for review. I have about 4-5 more books due for review in the next couple of weeks. I better get cracking! I love to read!

On My TV:::

Not much these days. We don't have very many cable channels and we got rid of Netflix (b/c it never worked with out Wii). I think I will watch The Mighty Macs (another review item!).

On The Menu This Week:::
Monday- pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions along with Portuguese Milk Rolls (Thanks Sandra!)
Tuesday- Chicken enchiladas with Mexican rice
Wednesday- Wacky breakfast night
Thursday- spaghetti with garlic toast
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- pizza
Sunday- Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, biscuits

On My To Do List:::
Fold and put away laundry
Homeschooling (work in preschool notebook)
Clean kitchen
Mop kitchen floor
Purchase a gift for my dad's 50th birthday (in March)

What I am Sewing/Creating:::
Honestly, I haven't had much time lately to work on anything. I know...it's sad. With Hubby working on my classroom I have been left to entertain the kids (although he let's them help sometimes). I want to practice crocheting and work on some more yo-yo's to make a small quilt.

In Homeschooling:::
Today we will be working out of Bear's preschool notebook I made for him. It has ABC's, 123's, colors, shapes, seasons, etc.

Looking Around The House:::
I see some construction going on in the "classroom". I also see my little Bear playing quietly in the floor by himself while Ducky is still asleep. I hear Jake and the Neverland Pirates on the TV (he isn't watching it but just listening).

From The Camera:::


These pics were taken on Valentine's Day. They are
eating the Eclair cake I made. What a mess! LOL!

Something Fun To Share:::
We got snow last night and it is so beautiful outside.

On My Prayer List:::
A friend of mine is having a baby today (a boy). Her water broke this morning! Yay!
Also, Hubby's parents are going to be traveling back home this week. They are traveling across the country. I pray for safe travels for them.

Bible Verse/ Devotional:::
I started reading the book of James this morning in the Bible. This is the verse that stuck in my heart:

"My Brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." -James 1:2-4

God Bless,


Kristy


4 comments:

Modified Mommy said...

It sounds like your new classroom is going to be awesome!! Enjoy and share lots of pictures.

Sandra said...

I can almost feel your excitement coming through the computer, I would be that way too, matter of fact I can't wait for my hubby to retire so we can buy our own house and I can have a classroom as well :)

Hope you have a great week.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Hope you'll share photos of your new classroom. It sounds like it'll be great!

Jen said...

I love that scripture. It is very difficult to have joy during trials. Something I'm still working on.

Your boys are adorable!

Have a great week.