Wednesday, February 8, 2012

{Seasons Of Life}



I have been thinking a lot about my home, my family, and my faith. I want to spend time on each. I want to spend more time organizing and cleaning my house. I want it to be a haven for my family and be welcoming to all who enter. I want to spend more quality time with my family. They are so precious to me and I want them to know that I love them very much. I want to spend more time reading my Bible and attending Bible studies. My faith is what keeps me going each day. If I didn't have God in my life, I really don't know where I would be.

Each of us is going through a different season in our lives. Right now, I am currently in the "raising all little ones" stage. They need me constantly and can't eat, drink, or sleep without me being there. I love every minute of it. But, that means that my home is put on the back burner. There are cobwebs everywhere, dishes in the sink, and the laundry pile, well, it is enormous! My MIL gave me a picture to hang on my wall and it says "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." I just love it. It puts my life into perspective. Instead of fretting every minute of every day about the things I don't get done, I am praising God for the opportunity to spend time with my children. I get to spend my time with two of the most awesome little boys in the world. My home may not look like a museum, but I do have children that fill it with love, laughter, and fun. I can't imagine not having them in my life. What a blessing!

You may be going through a different season. Maybe you don't have children yet with your husband. When I was going through this stage, my house was usually very clean. I had a job outside of the home, but I didn't have little hands taking out all the toys, or dishes piling up. In that season of my life I also had more time with the Lord. I remember reading my Bible more because I actually had down time. Nowadays, if I have a free moment I spend it cleaning or reading a book to my children.

Another season in life is when your children are old enough to take care of themselves. They aren't out on their own yet, but they don't need you to get their sippy cups or a snack. There are no diapers to change or toys to pick up (because, hopefully, they can do it on their own). They don't need us as much anymore. I have a love-hate relationship thinking about this stage in life. On one hand, I look forward to not changing diapers and catering to their every need. But on the other hand, they will be so independent. They won't NEED me like I need them. It is bittersweet when you think about it. I think for now I will just enjoy the "little years".

My point is, my house may not be perfect and my family is busy and changing daily, but I enjoy this season of my life. I don't want to stress out about all the little details of cleaning and lose an opportunity to laugh with my babies. I don't want to be so busy making my house perfect and forget to play with my children. They were given to my Hubby and I as a blessing not a burden.


"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
-Proverbs 22:6

"All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children."
-Isaiah 54: 13

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
-Psalm 127:3-5

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
-James 1:17

So, enjoy your babies "cause babies don't keep". They are going to grow up one day and have a family of their own. Then, you enter into a new season of life: being a grandparent. I heard this saying one time and I sure hope it's not true because I only have boys: "A son is a son til he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life...". That just makes me sad, but I know they have to "leave" us and "cleave" to their spouse. What season of life are you in?
God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

You're right--babies don't keep. I'm still waiting for the time when I they don't need me as much anymore.....LOL!