Monday, April 2, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #12}


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday info and to link up :)

Sorry it has been a while since I have done any blogging. My family has been going through the hardest thing I have ever gone through. Our baby went to be with Jesus last Tuesday at 12 weeks gestation. We are just devastated but we know our baby is with Jesus and we will see baby Kendall one day in heaven. We have been dealing with that and the complications before that. Please keep my family in your prayers as we grieve the loss of our precious little one. I am going to try my best to keep up with blogging from now on.

The Weather:::
It is supposed to be in the 60's and 70's all week. It is VERY windy outside today. Some rain is expected later in the week, but it is isolated. We shall see...

On My Reading Pile:::
I have a lot of review books coming up so I am busy reading my little heart out.
  • Simple Secrets to a Happy Life (Luci Swindoll)
  • The 5 Love Languages of Children (Chapman & Campbell)
  • The Forgiven Duke (Jamie Carie)
On My TV:::
Honestly...not much lately. I have been doing so much reading and thinking. I have been letting the boys go outside and play as much as possible so I am distracted from reality.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- lasagna (the frozen kind since I haven't felt like cooking) with French bread and salad
Tuesday- chicken and rice casserole with bread and salad
Wednesday- Friday- not sure yet...any suggestions would be great, my brain can't even think lately. LOL!
Saturday- my wonderful husband has planned a date night for us...it is much needed
Sunday- Happy Easter! We will be going to my SIL's house after church, not sure what she is having, but I'm sure it will be yummy!

On My To Do List:::
homeschooling
laundry
put away maternity clothes
go through my children's clothes and weed out the ones that are too small or too big
work on my classroom since it has been put on the back burner for the past couple of weeks

What I Am Sewing/Creating:::
Nada! LOL! No time for that right now...just haven't gotten to anything lately. I do want to work on my quilt soon though. I love doing quilts.

In Homeschooling:::
Reading Eggs for Bear (we have a week left on our free trial)
Time4Learning for Bear (we have a week left on this one too)

Looking Around The House:::
My boys are playing so nicely this morning, for once. My garden window in my kitchen is filled with pots that have all kinds of herbs growing in them. I just love an herb garden. There are also 4 vases with flowers in them from family and friends. Thank you all so much. We love them so much.

From The Camera:::


My sweet family standing beside the tree that we
planted for baby Kendall on Saturday. I know we
all look exhausted, but I had to take a picture.

Something Fun To Share:::
This is about as fun as it gets today...we made homemade popcorn again. It is so yummy and easy.

On My Prayer List:::
My husband as he goes to work everyday and works hard to provide for us.
Obviously, me and my family as we grieve our loss.
Any family and friends who are sick.
My children and their salvation.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::

"As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
the Maker of all things."
-Ecclesiastes 11:5

As a final note I am asking all of my readers to hold tight to your loved ones. You never know when your last moment with them will be. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...blessed be the Lord. I pray you all are doing well.

God Bless,


Kristy

3 comments:

Emily Holden said...

Kirsty ~ what an amazingly strong woman you are, your family must be so proud of you! Sending you all lots of love from France. Take care. Emily (The Country Mumkin) xx

Emily Holden said...

Dear Kirsty ~ What an amazingly strong woman you are ~ your family must be so proud of you! Sending you all lots of love and very best wishes from France. Emily (The Country Mumkin) xx

Sandra said...

Sweet Kirsty, I wish I could give you a hug right now. Having had two miscarriages myself, I can tell you that I understand what you're going through and there really is nothing that I can say to make it better, other than, I'm praying for you.

Hang in there hon and if you need to vent you can email me anytime :)

Hugs,
Sandra