Monday, April 9, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #13}


Please stop over at Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday and to link up!


I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. We really enjoyed being around family and friends. On Saturday Hubby went over to help his dad and some neighbors cut up a tree that fell during Hurricane Irene back in September. It was a huge tree so they had to wait til someone with the equipment could help. Hubby loves to do stuff like that so I was glad he got to help. While he did that, my MIL and I took the children to the grocery store with us. We both had to get a few things so we went together.

On Sunday, we went to church and then came home for a while so the kids could take a nap. We then went over to my SIL's house. She has 6 children (4 of which are little), so our children play well together. Plus, she has 15 acres of land that they can play on. We had an Easter egg hunt, ate some great food, and just spent time talking. It was so nice. I am so thankful that Jesus rose from the grave and conquered death. He is risen!

The Weather:::
Today is going to be around 74 degrees.
The rest of the week is going to be in the 60's.
Hopefully this weekend will be nice as well.

On My Reading Pile:::
The Forgiven Duke (for review)
Finding Our Way Home (for review)
They are both good books so far.

On My TV:::
Right now the children are watching Finding Nemo. Later I am going to watch a DVD my SIL let me borrow. It is a Julia Child baking video. I can't wait to watch it!

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Cheesy enchiladas, Spanish rice, and refried beans
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- French toast, turkey bacon, fried potatoes
Thursday- Grilled honey soy chicken, sesame noodles, and sauteed veggies
Friday- Pizza night
Saturday- Grilled burgers, rosemary/herb potatoes, baked beans
Sunday- Homemade spaghetti, TX toast, salad, strawberry cake for dessert

On My To Do List:::
Today is laundry day...so laundry
Dishes that got neglected yesterday
Clean my bedroom
Post review for 5 Love Languages of Children
Post review for Time4Learning

What I Am Sewing/Creating:::
I went last week with my MIL and got the material for my quilt. I can't wait to get it completely started. I am just in the beginning stages. it is going to be so pretty!

In Homeschooling:::
We will be working out of Bear's preschool notebook this week since our other trial memberships have expired. We will also be doing a lot of reading (the best kind of homeschooling).

Looking Around The House:::
I have dishes literally coming out of the sink.
My herb garden in the kitchen garden window is doing wonderful.
I smell poptarts from my children.
I also see Easter baskets filled with lots of candy!

From The Camera:::





Something Fun To Share:::
I had a great time with my wonderful Hubby on Saturday night on our date. We haven't had a date in a long time so it was very nice. We went out to eat, walked around one of our favorite shops, and went to the local mall and got a couple of things I have been needing for the kitchen. He even got the babysitter to come. I didn't have to do anything. I married a wonderful man!

On My Prayer List:::
Family and friends who are sick or not feeling well.
My husband as he goes to work everyday to provide for us.
Healing for my family.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::

Matthew 20:18-19

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up."


God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yummy menu :)

Your to do list sounded very similar to mine LOL

I hope you're doing well, still praying for you :)