Monday, April 16, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #14}


Head over to Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday and to link up!

Hello all! I hope you had a great weekend. I got to have breakfast with my wonderful friend "Mrs. A" and then we went for pedicures. A friend of ours (from way back) was there and we had a great time catching up. My toes look amazing!!

The Weather:::
Today will be almost 90 degrees and then by Wed it will be 60 degrees. No wonder everyone in my house has been sick with allergies for weeks now.

On My Reading Pile:::
The Forgiven Duke as well as a few others that I am taking my time reading. I really enjoy reading!

On My TV:::
Right now it is Curious George since Ducky is still sleeping and Bear needs to be quiet.
Later, Hubby and I will probably watch a few shows or a movie after the kids go to bed.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- leftover spaghetti (homemade sauce was yummy), TX toast salad, & banana cake for dessert
Tuesday- baked marinated chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, corn bread
Wednesday- Breakfast for dinner (French toast, bacon, fried potatoes, and scrambled eggs)
Thursday- Pizza night (I have the stuff to make it homemade)
Friday- takeout Chinese (we do this once in a while)
Saturday- burgers on the grill with all the fixin's, herb potatoes (in a foil pack), baked beans
Sunday- roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, some kind of bread, and chocolate pound cake with ice cream for dessert

On My To Do List:::
Fold laundry that Hubby washed for me, put it away
Go to park later with kids and "Mrs. S" (a friend of mine and their babysitter) for a picnic and playtime
Clean dining room table

What I Am Sewing/Creating:::
I haven't done much on my quilt this past week. It as pretty busy. I have been in pinterest a lot lately. LOL! I have lots of ideas of crafts I would love to make.

In Homeschooling:::
We will be doing nature study today. The rest of the week will be working in Bear's preschool notebook and working on the character quality of: OBEDIENCE

From The Camera:::


Something Fun To Share:::
Well, my Hubby is working very hard on our yard. He loves to plant and put out mulch and such. It is fun to see that he is taking care of our yard. It has come a long way since we bought this house. This was a foreclosure. We bought the house without ever looking at the inside of it. LOL! The inside is a different story (I will share that sometime with you all). But the yard! Uh! There was a whole tree down in the yard from a hurricane that happened...wait for it...9 years ago!!! They just let it stay there. Can you believe that?! There was a half of a tree down in the middle of the yard that had a groundhog LIVING in it! The front yard had logs piled in the middle of it from another tree that had fallen and several tree stumps just rotting in the middle of it. Well, all of that if GONE! It looks beautiful and safe for our children to play in. I love it! With Spring here now, it is so nice to have a yard to play in with the kids.

On My Prayer List:::
Family and friends who are sick or lonely or just need a prayer.
Our church situation.
My MOPS group.
Lots more...

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"From him [Christ] the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."
—Ephesians 4:16
 
Blessings,
 
 
Kristy

1 comment:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Folding laundry was on my to do list too. I got most of it done......most of it. I can believe they left the tree in the middle of the yard. It happens all the time around here unfortunately.