Monday, April 30, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #16}


Don't forget to head over to Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday. 


The Weather:::
Today is going to be around 71 degrees. Every day this week will be a little warmer until Friday when it turns to 92!!! Bring on the shorts!

On My Reading Pile:::
The Help (one of my favorite movies too)

On My TV:::
Not too much honestly. I have been too busy to sit for more than 30 min. at a time.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, French bread
Tuesday- shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches, French fries, fruit
Wednesday- Breakfast for dinner
Rest of week- To be announced...haven't gotten that far and need to go to the grocery store today

On My To Do List:::
Laundry (my usual Monday chore)
Make some more strawberry jam
Go to grocery store
Work on classroom since Hubby got my shelves put up :)

What I Am Sewing/Creating:::
Still working on my quilt. I think I will work on it tomorrow. Last week was kinda fun b/c I did all of my "fix-it" sewing. It felt like I actually accomplished a lot. I even got to work on my yo-yo quilt for a while. I love sewing...it relaxes me.

In Homeschooling:::
Bear will be doing his preschool notebook and a lot of reading. I have a few books that I am reading to him that he picked out.

Looking Around The House:::
My jam is on the table that I made yesterday and it is a wonderful site :)
My kiddos are playing nicely
My cup of coffee looks and smells so good

From The Camera:::




Something Fun To Share:::
As you can see from the picture above I have discovered the art of making my own jam. I must say it is so yummy. I already tried some last night. I am making some more today :) It is actually very fun and I feel like Martha Stewart. LOL!

On My Prayer List:::
Family and friends who are sick.
Thankful for my wonderful Hubby and children.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::


"Call to Me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." - Jeremiah 33:3

Blessings,


Kristy

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love homemade jam and just canning in general, gives me such a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day :)