Friday, April 20, 2012

{There is a Fountain, Who is the King}

"Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Ephesians 5:18b-20 



As I was folding 4 huge piles of laundry this morning I put in a CD I hadn't listened to in years. It is a CD that was recorded at my church a few years ago when Dennis Jernigan (pictured above) visited and did a concert. I remember that day so well. I have never worshipped God the way that I did that day. His presence was so incredible and we just sang to Him. It was so wonderful. Dennis actually wrote that song that is the title to this blog post. He wrote many great songs ("You are my all in all"). As I folded laundry I felt like it was an act of worship since I was listening to this great music. When the song "There is a fountain" came on, I just wanted to fall on my face and thank Him for everything He has done for me. I am so grateful for all of my blessings.


Have you ever felt like your laundry pile was this high?? Me too!

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. No matter what happens in life I am still called to worship Him and thank Him. My circumstances don't change the way I feel about God. As a matter of fact, I was talking with my friend "Mrs. A" the other day. We both agreed that we feel closer to God when we are going through a hard time. I know you know the song "Praise you in this storm" by Casting Crowns. I love that song. No matter what we should praise God.

I actually enjoyed doing my laundry today. I enjoyed it because God was with me. He was there as I folded a million tiny socks, shirts, shorts, etc. He was there as I hung up Hubby's work shirts and folded all of his work pants. He was there as I folded a few last maternity clothes that I forgot to put away. Even though I may feel thirsty for God sometimes, I can always remember "There is a Fountain, who is the King. Victorious Warrior, and Lord of EVERYTHING." He is "my Rock, my Shelter, my very own Blessed Redeemer. Who reigns upon the Throne."


This song should get us really revved up for God. He is AMAZING! Folding laundry can be an act of worship and I really loved doing it for my family. It gave me joy in knowing that I don't only do things for my family, but for God as well.



Have Fun Doing Your Laundry Today!! Blast some worship music to motivate you.

Who is your favorite artist/band to listen to when you fold laundry (or do dishes, etc.)?

Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: