Monday, April 9, 2012

{Time4Learning Review}


Recently, I was chosen to do a review for Time4Learning.com. It is an online program that is designed to give your student lessons in 15 minute increments each day. Well, for my preschooler it gave us 15 minutes. I found that it was just the right amount of time for him before he began to act silly. I was very excited to get the chance to try out this program because I know people who have tried it before and they loved it. I will say that I had a lot of unforeseen health issues during my trial period so we did not get the full use of the website. But, what we did get to do we loved.

Bear (my 3 year old) can't use the computer by himself yet. So, I sat with him each time we did it and he pointed to what he wanted me to "click" on and I did it for him. That was the ONLY help I gave him. When we were actually doing one of the assignments I would let him get the answer wrong if that's what he pointed to. We did the "Lower Level" program because he is Pre-k. There is an upper level program for older students. Like I said before I had some health issues and I did not get to explore the website as much as I would have liked. Bear got to choose what he wanted to study that day.



When you log in to the website it takes you to some of the lessons. Bear could choose from shapes, colors, numbers, alphabet, body parts, etc. He chose to do the alphabet and colors more often than the rest. He really learned to recognize a few more letters while using this program. He enjoyed doing his "puter work". He felt like a big boy because his school work was on the computer.



This is an image from the colors assignment. The mouse with the clock on his belly is the host of the website. He is kinda cute, huh? He is very sweet. I would definitely recommend the Pre-k program to students who are in preschool. My son really enjoyed it. I cannot say anything about the upper level program because we never got a chance to explore that section. I will say though that it is a little pricey to use this program. It is $19.95 per month per child. They do run specials from time to time so check the website frequently.


Blessings,


Kristy


*I received one month free for my personal review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My kids love this program too, and I know what you mean about how they feel so proud of themselves for working independently at the computer! Best wishes with your health problems, and thanks for sharing your experience with T4L.