Monday, May 21, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- 2012 #19}


Don't forget to visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!



The Weather:::
There is a chance of rain everyday this week. But, the temps are supposed to be great in the 70's and 80's. 

On My Reading Pile:::
Beloved Enemy by Al Lacy (a civil war historical romance)

On My TV:::
Not too much today. I wish we could get Netflix back so I could watch some old classics (but our cable network doesn't get it in very well in my area). Boo hoo :(

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Baked ziti
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- Slow Cooker black bean, corn, and salsa chicken
Thursday- breakfast for dinner
Friday- my brothers wedding today!! 
Saturday- friends coming from out of town
Sunday- grilled cheeseburgers with baked bean and chips

On My To Do List:::
Laundry (the stomach flu has hit the Jensen household so I have a ton to do)
Dishes (our water heater blew over the weekend and we just got a new one so they piled up)
Spending time with my boys (poor little guys have not felt well)
Grocery shopping tomorrow

What I am Sewing/Creating:::
I am doing the "quilting" part of my quilt. It is going to look so cute. When I am done I will post pics. 

In Homeschooling:::
We are studying birds. Both of my boys are obsessed with birds. They love to look out of our big window in the living room and watch them. Lucky for us (insert sarcasm) we have 2 nests on our front porch. I am not anti-bird nest but I can't even sit on my front porch and enjoy it without getting sqwacked at. LOL!

Looking Around The House:::
It is a mess...but I am spending time with my babies today since they are under the weather. Dishes in the sink, laundry to be folded, toys in the floor. But, what seems funny is everyone seems more calm today even though the house is a mess.

From The Camera:::

They were both upset to be trapped in the backyard!
The gate sticks a little when it is locked and they couldn't open it. 


Something Fun To Share:::
I know this is going to sound so silly but I bought my first pair of cowgirl boots this past weekend. My friend "Mrs. A." and I meet for coffee about once a month and go shopping or whatever we feel like doing. She took me shopping to find a dress for my nephew's wedding in June. While we were out I found a pair of boots and fell in love with them. I can't wait to start wearing them everywhere. LOL!

On My Prayer List:::
My boys, of course, to get well soon. 
My brother's wedding on Friday.
My nephew's wedding next month.
Friends and family who are ill or just in need of prayers.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." -1 Timothy 2:9

Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: