Monday, May 28, 2012

{No Happy Homemaker Monday today...but maybe tomorrow}

Hello all! I hope you are having a great Memorial Day. I have not had time to get all of the info together for Happy Homemaker Monday. I will try to get it done tomorrow...or the next day. I have been SUPER busy lately. I will tell you a little bit about what's been going on around here.

Last Tuesday night my Hubby came home from work VERY sick. Now, you have to realize that he never, ever gets sick. EVER. He had called me earlier that day and said he wasn't feeling right. I told him to come home, but of course he could not. When he got home around 6pm he looked ghostly. He had a fever. He told ME he was going to the dr. He never goes to the dr. When he came home a couple of hours later (because he had to go to the Medexpress) he was ever worse. He laid on the sofa and didn't move all night long. I called his parents and they came over to help me.

When he got home from the dr. he was confused a little. He didn't really know what the dr. said to him so I had to call and ask questions. They thought it might be meningitis or something similar. They gave him several prescriptions and said to rest for several days. I was so afraid for him. He scared me to death. So, we stayed home for 2 full days while he was on the mend.

Finally, Friday morning he woke up and could actually walk around. Whew! I am thanking God he is OK. We decided to do something fun with the kids. We went to the park. They had a blast and we were tired. But, we couldn't rest. We had a wedding to go to. Yes, that's right...a Friday night wedding. My brother got married and it was a beautiful day. The wedding was at 6:30pm and the sun was just starting to go down and it was outdoors. We had a wonderful time.

Saturday we had a friend come from out of town so we took them sight seeing. We were with them for a few hours and then took our kids home for naps. Sunday was church and relaxation in the afternoon. We did go over to my in-law's house and Hubby helped them put up a light and a few other things.

Today we got some bad news about our car. It needs repair again. I tell you when it rains, it pours. Hubby and I just paid off all of our debt last month. Since then, we have had so many things "come up". Satan is on the attack and he is taking whatever he wants. We are in a storm. This year has been really tough on my family. We lost the baby, have had several BIG unexpected expenses come up, and we have all had really strange illnesses. I mean, I am grateful that we have each other and such but sometimes I just want things to be OK for a while.

But, we take the hits and keep on going. Prayer is an important part of our lives. We know God is in control and without that security I cannot imagine where I'd be. We are on this adventure called life and loving it. We praise God even in the storm. We go through hard times to come out on the other end better people. God wants us to learn through everything we go through. This weekend I have learned to hold on tighter to my husband. When he was on the couch sicker than I've ever seen him, I was so afraid. I am so, so, so thankful that he is OK now. I am so thankful for my children...even the ones that are in heaven waiting for me to get there.

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." -1 Peter 5:10


"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." -James 1:12


"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." -Romans 12:12


"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance." -Romans 5:3



Here are some pics from our weekend adventures:



My niece is the flower girl at her daddy's wedding.

You may kiss the bride.

My brother and his new wife along with my niece, dad, and step-mom.

Hubby and his friend...they were very bad! LOL!


Blessings,

Kristy



No comments: