Thursday, May 10, 2012

{What we've been up to lately}

I know I haven't been blogging as much lately. Life has me busy and, honestly, I just haven't felt like it. But, no matter, I am here to fill you in on what we have been up to around here this wonderful Spring. A few weeks ago Hubby and I took the kiddos to a local strawberry picking farm. We picked 3 gallons on strawberries and ate homemade strawberry ice cream that they make there. YUM! I made a bunch of strawberry jam and froze a bunch of them as well.



Doesn't that look yummy!? We have been building the classroom as well. So far Hubby has put up 5 shelves on the wall and we've bought a desk. A little desk. A child-sized desk. It is so cute...I will post pics of that later. The room is a mess right now because I am organizing the books. Man do we have a lot of books! But, I love every one of them. I plan on buying more too :)

Hubby has been working on the yard a lot. He loves doing yard work. We love to host cookouts in the summer and he keeps the garage open so the kids can get their toys out and play.

This past Monday night I took my boys to a "mother/son date knight" at our local Chick-fil-a. It was so fun. I have not done that before with my boys. But I plan on keeping up with it. I would like to do that once a month or every 6 weeks or so. It helps them to bond with me and get to know me (and I get to know them) better. We got our picture taken too.


Cute, huh? LOL! I love my boys so much! Well, a big event happened to our family last weekend as well. The boys stayed the night at Nanny and Poppy's house for the first time ever. It was our very first time away from them. Mommy was more nervous than they were. Haha! They survived. We survived. Nanny and Poppy took VERY good care of the boys. I am so grateful that they are able to do that once in a while. It's good for them to be able to stay away from us on occasion.

Anywho, that's what has been going on around here. God has blessed me so much in these past couple of months. We did lose a baby, but we have so much love for each other and for God. I thank God everyday for my blessings.


Blessings,

Kristy

No comments: