Monday, July 2, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday- #25}


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!


The Weather:::
HOT!! It has been in the triple digits here for almost a week. I love hot weather so it doesn't really bother me too much. The kids get to play in the water!

On My Reading Pile:::
Grieving Gods Way and Cleaning House (two review books)

On My TV:::
I really haven't watched TV at all lately. Last night I did watch Food Network Stars...I was sorry to see Malcolm leave. He seemed very nice. 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Sloppy joes, french fries, baked beans
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- Root beer glazed chicken (grilled), grilled potatoes, pasta salad, corn on the cob (also grilled)
Thursday- Sweet and sour chicken with rice and stir-fry veggies
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- Chicken alfredo, salad, bread sticks
Sunday- Roasted Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls

On My To Do List:::
Laundry, laundry, laundry! I washed 8 loads yesterday (I have one of those washers that can hold huge amounts of clothes so it's more like 12-14 normal loads). I just have to fold it and put it away today. 

What I am Sewing/Creating:::
Still working on my quilt. I got some more yarn thanks to my MIL so I can finish it very soon.

Homemaking Tips:::
After I give my kitchen a good cleaning I light a candle to make it smell really good. My favorite is cinnamon or pumpkin pie. It just makes me feel like I accomplished a lot more. 

Looking Around The House:::
I see dishes in the sink that need to be done...but I will wait til after dinner and clean the kitchen really well (and then light my candle). My boys are playing together in the toy room and not fighting right now...yay!

From The Camera:::

My nephew got married last weekend and here is the beautiful couple!

Hubby was the Best Man...and he looked really good too!!

Love this pic!



On My Prayer List:::
My classmate who lost her 8 year old daughter a month ago. 
Family and friends who are sick or feeling lonely.
My Hubby in this hot weather (he is working in the heat). Blah!
The salvation of Bear and Ducky.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::

So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." -Matthew 7:12


Blessings,


Kristy



No comments: