Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our Newest Addition!

After 22 1/2 hours of labor our little angel made his debut on March 8, 2013 at 8:30pm. We call him our little that will be his "blog name". He weighed in at 7lbs. 11oz. and was 19 1/2in. long. He wasn't due until March 17th but decided he couldn't wait that long. I started laboring at around 10pm on March 7th. I called the OB that was on call and gave her all of my symptoms at 2:30am. My contractions were about 7-10 minutes apart. I was just checking in to let them know. She told me that I was not in labor and to take a that I did. The contractions got a little less painful at around 4:30am. Hubby decided to go ahead and go to work.

At 9:30am my mom and sister came over to my house to help me with the big boys since I started having bad contractions again. My mom did some dishes for me and my sister kept me company. Then, it happened. Bear (who had been sick on and off for about 3 weeks) decided to throw up everywhere. My mom helped clean it up and I promptly called Hubby at work and told him to come home ASAP. He got home around 1pm and we all laid on my bed and rested for about an hour.

Hubby and the big boys decided to get up and go play and clean up for a while. My contractions were getting VERY uncomfortable. I couldn't stand up for more than a minute before feeling horrible again. By now, the contractions were about 4-5 minutes apart. At 4pm I decided to call the OB again. It was a different doctor...MY doctor. He was delivering a baby and couldn't call right away.

That is when IT happened. My water my bed...all over the place! I called my doctor again and he apologized and said to come right to the hospital b/c I would probably deliver quickly. Hubby's parents quickly came to our house to take care of Bear and Ducky so we could leave. We got to the hospital around 5:30pm. My contractions were getting worse by the minute. After about 45 minutes of getting all of my admission paperwork done I was examined only to be told I was ONLY dialated 4 centimeters. Only 4!! After 20+ hours of labor. I was bound and determined not to have an epidural but the pain was overtaking my whole mind, body, and emotions. I am not an angry laborer but it was getting to the point of no control.

My doctor came in and recommended I get the epidural to relax my body and get some rest so I would have energy to push the baby out. By this time I was going on about 36 hours of no sleep. Hubby agreed so I went along with the plan. The anesthesiologist took a little while to come in. About 8pm my nurse checked me again and I was barely dialated 6. The anesthesiologist went through his whole talk about the risks, etc. This whole time I am having constant contractions and trying not to scream. So, he inserted to epidural. When he told me he was about to insert the medicinal line so that I would be numb...I felt it. The urge to push. I HAD to push. No meds. No doctor. No nothing. I screamed to the nurse that the baby was coming out NOW. She screamed into the hallway for help.

I don't really remember much after that. I don't even know where my husband was during this whole thing except he had been holding my hand a few minutes before. According to witnesses I would not open my legs so the anesthesiologist and my husband had to force them open. Another nurse came in and said to me "Get a hold of yourself!". LOL! So, I did just that and with one push our little Monkey came into the world.


Welcome to our family precious baby! We are so blessed to have you with us!



Katherine said...

What a wonderful story! Your boys are precious. Congrats on bring such a sweet baby into the world!!!


Ashley Spence said...

My cute nephew! I'm so happy to have such 3 amazing nephews!