Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Candle Classic Bible Review



Being a homeschooling family we are always looking for new ways to present the Gospel of Christ to our children in a fun way. Over the years I have had many different types of bibles. That is such a huge blessing. We live in a free land that we can have the word of God at our fingertips at any moment of any day. When the opportunity came up to review a children's bible I was excited. I have a picture bible for the children (ages 4, 3, and 5 months) but nothing that goes into too much detail about each bible story. In The Candle Classic Bible there are 365 bible stories. One for each day of the year. There is a ribbon book mark so you and your child don't lose your spot. It's also hardback for sturdiness. Having three very energetic little boys this is a plus for me. The pages are thick and the pictures are beautiful. I also love the fact that it's not filled with pictures. I want my children to appreciate the word of God using their own imaginations.

We thoroughly enjoyed reading this sweet bible each evening with the children. My oldest, Bear, actually slept with it the first week we had it because he wanted to have it close to him when he was sleeping. Each of the stories includes the scripture reference for that day. I liked this because we could cross reference it with other bibles to look for accuracy. We had no problems with the accuracy of this particular resource. It was very delightful. The stories are done well but kept short enough for little ones to not lose interest.

The Candle Classic Bible actually encouraged my little ones to read the bible daily. It helped them to understand the stories easier. My husband and I enjoyed reading it as well. We would read a bible story and pray about what we read. It brought us closer together as a family. This bible will be one of our favorites for years to come. I recommend it for children and adults of all ages.




*This book was given to me in exchange for my personal review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: