Monday, February 10, 2014

Love Is In The Air {Valentine's Day Ideas}




Hearts, Cupid, ribbons, chocolates, flowers, fancy dinners, over-priced Hallmark cards. It's on the TV, it's in the stores, it's everywhere you look. Valentine's Day is upon us. I love this holiday. I love that I get to spend the day with my husband and 3 boys. I know many people don't like it, but I think you should do what you want. I am happily married to the man of my dreams and I have 3 little boys that bring constant joy to my heart. I am looking forward to having a day set aside just to love on my family.

Today I am going to share some tips on things to do with your family on Valentine's Day. Some of them are for the whole family and some of them are just for 2 ;-)

1. Take your little ones (and big ones) to Dunkin Donuts for heart shaped donuts for breakfast. I do this every year and the boys love it. We never buy donuts for them so this is a very special treat.

2. Make a special meal at home. Ask each person what their favorite thing is and try to make some rendition of it to go with your meal.

3. Make a yummy dessert. I go on Pinterest and look up desserts all the time. Chocolate is a family favorite here so I will be making brownies with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. I will serve them with vanilla ice cream. I am also going to make chocolate covered strawberries for when the kiddos go to bed...

4. Rent a family friendly movie to watch with the whole family before bedtime. Rent a second movie (or watch Netflix) for when the kiddos go to bed.

5. Take your hubby lunch at work or have him meet you somewhere (like Chic-fil-a). It's just nice to give him a kiss in the middle of the day. Give him a card just from you with a little "love note" inside.

6. Get the kids to make cards for their daddy, grandparents, neighbors, etc. My kids love to do this. It is also a lesson in serving others. While you're at it make some heart shaped cookies and decorate them with pink and red sprinkles. Give those out to loved ones as well.

7. Talk to the kids about God's love for them. While everyone is eating dinner read a Bible verse about God's love for us. Talk about that and then have everyone go around the table and say what they love about each person in the family.

These are just a few ideas to make the day special for the whole family. No matter what you end up doing just make sure you keep it fun and light hearted. Make sure to express your love for your family every single day.

Blessings, and Happy Valentine's Day,


Kristy

No comments: