Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Though weeping may last for the night...



Losing a loved one can be very hard. No matter how old or young. No matter how sick or healthy. It is one of the hardest things to go through in life. Hubby and I have lost all of our grandmothers in a span of 5 months. My grandmother died on Bear's last birthday in October, Hubby's 1st grandmother died right before Christmas, and his other grandmother died last night. Though they are all with their Heavenly Father, it makes it sad for those of us left here. We no longer have a way to communicate with them. There have been times that I have wanted to pick up the phone to call my Grandma because I knew she would get a kick out of whatever it was. Then, just as quickly I realize I can't call her anymore.

Mourning can be so exhausting. I know my mother-in-law is hurting so badly. She was able to be there with her as she slipped into the arms of Jesus. Hubby's dad was with his mother when she went to be with Jesus. They (his grandmother's) both live out of state and we aren't even able to attend their funerals. I am blessed that my family all lives here and we were able to see her in the end and attend her funeral. It is very difficult for Hubby to just continue on with his day while someone he loves dearly is no longer here.

I love Psalm 30:5. Though we will mourn and weep for a while God says that joy will come in the morning. We know we will see our grandmother's in heaven one day. That brings such joy and happiness to my heart. When I told Bear (who is 5) this morning that Grandma P. died and went to heaven, he immediately stopped what he was doing and began to pray. He prayed that God would give Nanny (my MIL) peace. He prayed that Grandma P. would be happy in heaven. He also prayed that we would get to see her again someday. I love that he wanted to pray for others. What a sweety!

Though this has been a season of loss for our families, it is a season of great gain for Heaven. The Lord has gained 3 amazing women. They were Godly women who influenced their families to love the Lord first and foremost. Hubby's Grandma P. said in her final days that her greatest accomplishment in life was that all of her children (she has 3) knew the Lord. What a wonderful testimony.

Come To Me
God saw you were getting tired, 
And a cure was not to be,
So he put his arms around you, 
And whispered, "Come to Me."
With tearful eyes we watched you, 
And saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly, 
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, 
Hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, 
He only takes the best.

They are all reunited with their husband's and loved ones. I know that our precious Baby Kendall is being well taken care of by all of his great-grandma's. We miss our baby so much. But, I take joy in knowing that he is with Jesus and his family. 

I grew up in my grandma's house and also lived right next door. I was always close with her and love her dearly. When I met my Hubby I found out that his grandmother's lived far away. Over the years they both welcomed me into their family with open, loving arms. I never actually met Hubby's Grandma J. but nonetheless she always treated me like I had always been a part of the family. I met Grandma P. a few times and she always hugged me and talked to me like I was an old friend. I have fond memories of all of them and will tell my children of their legacies. 

Please keep Hubby's family in your prayers as they honor Grandma P.'s life this week. I am so grateful to have known all of these Godly women and pray that I can be remembered in the same way when I am gone. 

Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: