Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 4/21/14


Please visit Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for more Happy Homemaker Monday!

Can't believe it's Monday again. I hope you had a Happy Easter. We sure did have an amazing day. We went to church and had an amazing time. Then we came home and had an egg hunt with the big boys in our back yard. After that, we had nap time and rest time. We had dinner at my in-laws house in which my SIL and her family came too. It was a lot of fun and we had another egg hunt. Lots of fun!!

As I Look Out My Window:::
The sun is shining and the birds are singing. It is about 65 degrees here and we are loving it. It has been a long winter so we welcome anything that is seemingly warm. 

Right Now I Am:::
Writing a blog and trying to finish up my lunch. I have had a busy day so far with homeschooling the kids, laundry, cleaning (for a visitor), entertaining the visitor, etc. Now I am drinking sweet tea and eating lunch. 

Thinking And Pondering:::
I have a lot on my mind. Family members who are sick or injured are in my prayers. Family members who are going through a hard time. My bestie and her new job. I have been thinking about summer coming up and all the fun things I would love to do with my family. Also, my 10 year anniversary is this summer. Hubby and I are trying to plan something to do and plan a "staycation" this summer. The homeschool convention is coming up soon and I am super excited!!

On My Bedside Table:::
There are 3 books on my table: At Home In Mitford by Jan Karon, Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst, and When You've Been Wronged by Erwin Lutzer. I also have some Japanese Cherry Blossom hand cream and of course my Carmex lip balm. 

On My TV Tonight:::
Monday- Not too much. I used to watch How I met your mother but that is gone off for good now. 
Tuesday- I watch NCIS and then flip through the channels. 
Wednesday- Nothing. LOL! This is a bad tv night. 
Thursday- Big Bang Theory
Friday- Probably rent something from Redbox.

*As you can see I don't watch a whole lot of tv. 

Listening To:::
The quiet of the house while all the littles take a nap. Ahhh....I love the silence. It's so peaceful. 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- cheesy scalloped potatoes with leftover ham. It is so good. 
Tuesday- spaghetti and meatballs with French bread
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- ranch chicken with mac and cheese and corn
Friday- roast in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots and homemade rolls
Saturday- family day...not sure where that will lead
Sunday- hamburgers on the grill with french fries

On My To Do List:::
Lots of laundry to fold and put away
Homeschooling
Chore chart (daily chores)
Go through all of the kids clothes and put away winter clothes
Wash and change bed linens

Happening This Week:::
A visitor today (inspecting our house for future work to be done)
Cleaning the house
Possibly helping babysit Tuesday
Not too much the rest of the week. We like to stick close to home. 

What I Am Creating:::
I am working on a small pink quilt for my neighbors new daughter. She just had her 4th daughter last month and she is being baptized next Sunday. I am making this quilt for baby G. 

My Simple Pleasure:::
Drinking sweet tea on my front porch in my wicker rocking chair while the children play.

Homemaking Tips:::
Give yourself some grace. If you don't get to everything on your list in one day, save it for another day. Don't beat yourself up over chores and lists. Things come up, little ones need tending to, an unexpected visitor shows up. Life happens. If we get caught up in such a strict schedule then life will happen without us. 

Looking Around The House:::
I see baby toys and baskets of laundry in the living room. A sink full of dishes that need to be washed. I also see my candles lit around the house making me feel like everything will be alright. 

From The Camera:::


Prayer List:::
My nephew's wife who had a leg injury over the weekend.
Some old friends of ours who have a son in the hospital with a virus.
My SIL who is having some health issues.
Her family as they travel this week to D.C. to go to the museums. 
For peace in our family and to share the gospel with my children.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it." -Psalm 24:1


Blessings,


Kristy


2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've read At Home in Mitford and really enjoyed it, actually I enjoy all the books from Jan Karon.

Sounds like you've been very busy, I always feel like there are not enough hours in the days for us moms.

Have a wonderful rest of week :)

Felicias Red Door Life said...

The Jan Karon books are some of my favorites.

Your men sounds delicious, simple down home cooking, yum right!

I see everyone working on quilts and it makes me a bit jealous. I guess I should make plans on starting one soon. It may become a summer project when it gets to hot to be hot.