Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 4/28/14



Here we are...another Monday. We had a wonderful weekend. Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday.

As I Look Out My Window...
It is a bit cloudy today but the temps are in the 60's. It is supposed to storm later on. It is very calm outside, no wind. My hubby cut the grass on Saturday afternoon so it looks nice and crisp for now. 

Right Now I Am...
Relaxing while the boys have "baby time". It is a special time each day that they play in their room with the baby. I just finished my coffee and breakfast. I am thinking about my "to-do" list. 

Thinking And Pondering...
I am thinking about family and friends. I have several on my mind today. I have also been thinking about my priorities and exactly what I believe. I have been studying the bible and pouring over different scriptures. 

On My Bedside Table...
Lip balm, books, my wrist brace for carpel tunnel, and a love letter that my husband wrote to me the week before we got married (almost 10 years ago). 

On My TV Tonight...
Like I said before, I really don't watch too much tv. I do watch NCIS on Tuesdays and Big Bang Theory on Thursdays. Friday nights are movie nights for hubby and I. 

Listening To...
My children playing together in their room. One of them is crying...as usual. Probably fighting over a toy or something. LOL! I tell them they have to work it out on their own. 

On The Menu For This Week...
Monday- hash made from leftover roast beef, potatoes, and carrots with artisan bread on the side
Tuesday- BBQ baked chicken thighs with pasta salad and corn
Wednesday- fried egg sandwiches and hashbrowns
Thursday- spaghetti and meatballs with french bread and salad
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- Burgers on the grill with baked beans
Sunday- something in the slow cooker (not sure what yet)

On My To Do List...
Take library books back to the library before they are overdue.
Chore chart each day.
Swap out all winter clothes for summer clothes.
Go over budget.
Schedule family pictures.
Homeschooling.

Happening This Week...
Hubby has a softball game on Wednesday.
We really don't have much else going on since Hubby works on Saturday. 

What I Am Creating...
Still working on the pink quilt for my neighbor. I went to visit them yesterday after the baby's baptism and the baby was so adorable! I showed them the quilt so far and they are very excited to receive it!

My Simple Pleasure...
Doing puzzles. I never knew how much I love to put puzzles together until recently. My in-laws got me hooked. I could sit for hours and work on one. I just love the feeling of putting that final piece in (especially if no pieces are missing...lol). 

Homemaking Tips...
If you hate to do laundry, don't do it everyday. I do laundry every other day and it helps me to not get tired of doing it. I find that if I give myself a day off once in a while it really gives me motive to get it done on the other days. 

Looking Around The House...
I see my living room filled with huge boxes containing our new vanity for the bathroom remodel Hubby has been working on. I can't wait to see it all put together. I also see a sink full of dishes calling my name but I am too tired to do them right now. I didn't get much sleep last night. 

From The Camera...

Look at that wonderful man getting ready to golf!

Prayer List...
My own health as I have been battling a lot of symptoms and no doctor can tell me what is going on. I have given up on modern medicine and am giving it to God. 
Family and friends who are ill. 
Family and friends who are not saved.

Bible Verse/Devotional...
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

Blessings,


Kristy



1 comment:

Tori Peterson said...

My two sons are constantly fighting over one thing or another. I find that it is easier to often let them work it out on their own as you do with yours. I do need to mediate sometimes, but for the most part it works out good.

You are in my prayers. I also battle some health issues that is unsolvable by doctors. While some stuff can ease symptoms for the most part I have given it over to God and just deal with things as they come best I can. Also I have begun taking more vitamins and looking over more home remedies that work a lot better than modern medicine.

I just love your blog and the quilt background! I am now a follower! Thank you for visiting my blog also. :)

Hope you are having a good week so far, and hope the rest of the week is good also.