Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Nailed To The Cross



"But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16


The Holy week is in full swing. Easter is in 4 days and I have been preparing my heart, my children, and my family for celebrating the Resurrection of Christ. I have been preparing myself by reading the story of Jesus in the bible and listening to songs and hymns that are about the Resurrection. I have also been talking about Easter a lot to everyone I meet. I have been preparing my children by reading LOTS of books about Easter (including the bible but also library books). My sweet MIL bought our family a set of Resurrection eggs and the book to go with them. If you have never seen them before it is a wonderful treasure. My boys are excited each day to open a new egg and discover the next link in the story leading up to Jesus raising from the dead on the third day. I have been preparing us all as a family by really getting into the spirit of Easter and telling the children about Easter and talking with my husband about the festivities of the day. We are really looking forward to Easter and a day filled with love and remembrance. 

The reason that I chose the title "Nailed To The Cross" for this blog post is because of why Jesus went to the cross. I am sinful by nature. I was born into sin and lived my life until I was 16 years old in sin. I gave my life to Christ and am striving toward being more Christ-like each day. I sin everyday but I ask for forgiveness and He does forgive...everyday. My sins were nailed to the cross with Jesus. He took them so that I could be free. Free from sin, free from a life in hell. I am so grateful and words cannot express how much my salvation mean to me. 

Here are a few songs that will get you in the spirit of Easter and the Resurrection. I really hope you enjoy them and have a very blessed Easter.

Resurrection Day- Matt Maher


The Power of the Cross- Kristyn Getty


Redeemer- Nicole C. Mullen


Christ is Risen- Matt Maher


Crown Him with many Crowns- Chris Tomlin & Kari Jobe


At The Cross- Hillsong


Lead Me To The Cross- Francesca Battistelli


Jesus Paid it All- Newsboys


Who Can Satisfy?- Dennis Jernigan


Nothing but the Blood of Jesus- Hillsong United


The Old Rugged Cross- Brad Paisley


He Lives- Alan Jackson

And two of my favorites:


In Christ Alone- Phillips, Craig, and Dean


When I Survey the Wondrous Cross- Gaither Vocal Band

Have a wonderful, blessed Easter celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior. We have plans to go to church and then home for naps and a possible egg hunt at another church. Later on we will go to have dinner with Hubby's folks. I am really looking forward to it. 


Blessings,

Kristy

No comments: