Thursday, April 3, 2014

{Thankful Thursday} Let The Sun Shine So Bright


Spring has sprung here in Virginia. It has been a long, cold winter. I am so, so thankful for warmer weather. I feel so depressed during the winter months with very little sunshine and not getting outside much. When Spring finally does arrive my body, soul, and mind feel so refreshed and renewed. It's like God has everything come back to life after a long sleep. The days are longer. The sun shines brighter, The flowers bloom and look to the heavens. The picture above is all of the flowers in our yard. The top left ones smell sooooo good. They are called hyacinth. They are planted in our rose garden...which is still asleep for the moment. The flowers on the top right are from a Cherry tree. I am not sure which kind (my SIL gave it to us when our precious baby Kendall went to heaven). It's my favorite tree in our yard and the flowers are a very light pink color. So pretty! Of course, you see the daffodils and then the red tulips. My wonderful hubby planted the tulips last fall for me as a surprise. I LOVE them! The bottom left is from our star magnolia tree in our front yard. It blooms about 4-5 times a year. This is my second favorite tree in our yard. Ha! The bottom right, honestly, I am not sure what they are called but they looked like tiny Iris's. Whatever they are, they are beautiful.

I am so thankful for the colors in my garden and the fresh scent of blooming flowers. It makes me feel alive. Have you ever gone through a period in your life that feels dark, dreary, depressing, and down right long. I have and it's horrible. It's almost like you are in a pit trying to scratch your way out. Finally, one day, you see the sun peeking through the clouds. You feel a warm breeze blow across your face. You smell grass that's been freshly mowed. You hear children laughing and playing out your window. Ahhh. Makes my heart sing.

If you've ever been in that pit of despair just know that you are not alone. God is right there with you. He's holding your hand. He's praying with you. I know for some people it's hard to see the light through the weight of heavy burdens. Burdens that have been piling up for years. They have chipped away at your heart and your soul. It could be your job, your family, health problems, an abusive spouse, a wondering child, an addiction, financial issues. Whatever is eating away at you and keeping you down is ultimately Satan. He's wants you to be miserable, angry, hurt, depressed. He wants to isolate you and keep you away from people who could help you. He wants you to feel like the victim and hurt those around you.

I used to be there. I know how Satan can manipulate and guilt and hurt. If you are there then I am praying for you. I pray that God will release the chains that Satan has on you and set you free. The sun will shine once again in your life. I am so thankful that the sun is shining again. It has been such a long time since I have had the windows open and the breeze blowing. How is the weather in your neck of the woods? If it's still cold and winter is still lingering, I pray that Spring will arrive very soon.


Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: