Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 5/12/14


Don't forget to stop by Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!


What a wonderful weekend filled with lots of family time. Friday Hubby got off early and we took the kids to the beach for a couple of hours. It was so much fun. The kids really enjoyed it and the baby had a blast too. Saturday I took my mom to get a pedicure (our traditional thing to do for Mother's Day). It was so relaxing. I came home and just relaxed at home with the fam for the rest of the day. Sunday we went to church and then we came home where Hubby made the best lunch ever for me. Steak, grilled potatoes, corn on the cob, baked beans, wine, and cake for dessert. I am so blessed! I hope you all had a great Mother's Day whether you are a mother or just spoiled others with your love. 


As I Look Out My Window:::
The birds are chirping and the sky is blue. I love beautiful days like this. The children will go out and play in a while and it is the perfect day for it. 

Right Now I Am:::
Trying to get my stomach to stop aching. For some reason I woke up with a tummy ache and I am in horrible pain. I just finished with school with the kids and now they are watching Leap Frog. I figured if they were going to watch TV they could at least be learning something...lol!

Thinking And Pondering:::
I have been thinking a lot lately about my diet and my health. I have a lot of health issues going on and my doctor can't seem to help me. He has run tests and because the numbers are in the "normal" range he just dismisses my symptoms. He even told me that I have "new mommy syndrome" and I "made up my symptoms". Really? You can't figure it out so you just give me this crap! I have very little faith in the health care system at this point. So, I am on a journey to self diagnose and try to figure out what is going on. Please pray for me. 

On My Bedside Table:::
Lip balm, a book, an old love letter from my husband that I found in my dresser.

On My TV Tonight:::
Catching up on "Call The Midwife"
Not too much...don't watch tv very much.

Listening To:::
An airplane outside my window and the quiet of the boys watching a show on tv.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Steaks on the grill, potatoes, beans (leftovers)
Tuesday- BBQ meatloaf, mac and cheese, peas
Wednesday- Chicken alfredo, salad, Texas toast
Thursday- leftovers
Friday-  Homemade pizza (chicken and bbq sauce)
Saturday- Cookout at my mom's house
Sunday- Slow cooker beef and broccoli with noodles

On My To Do List:::
Homeschooling
Send birthday card to my BIL
Send a card to Hubby's grandpa
Send a card to my Nanny
Laundry and dishes
Clean the bathrooms

Happening This Week:::
Appt. tomorrow for baby
Lunch with a friend from high school (and my kids favorite babysitter) on Wednesday
Cookout at my mom's house on Saturday

What I Am Creating:::
Still working on that quilt for my neighbors baby girl and I recently got a pattern for a skirt. I can't wait to get started.

My Simple Pleasure:::
Playing solitaire on my phone...haha! I just discovered this app and it is very relaxing. It doesn't require much thinking...which can be a good thing. I know it sounds silly but with all of life's demands and stresses playing a simply game on my phone brings me pleasure. 

Homemaking Tips:::
Make a schedule for your housekeeping chores. I have a tentative schedule on my fridge that I printed up and laminated. I don't include every single thing but I do have a daily chores section and a section for each day's chores. It is a helpful guide. I don't do each of the chores religiously every single day but it helps to remind me of what needs to be done. You know, in case I forget something. LOL!

Looking Around The House:::
I see toys and shoes on the floor but it's ok. I am not in a hurry to clean it up today as I am not feeling well. I also see the beautiful flowers that my hubby and children gave to me yesterday. 

From The Camera:::


Bear and Ducky testing out the water. 


Prayer List:::
Friends and family who are sick or hurt.
My mom who took a bad fall last week and split her head open. 
All the women who didn't get to celebrate Mother's Day because of infertility or miscarriage or the death of a child. 
My own health and the unanswered questions I have about it. 

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
I am going to share one of my favorite resources for devotionals. It is Proverbs 31 Ministries. Please look them up and sign up for their daily email devotionals. I have gained so much by receiving them each day. You will be blessed. 


Blessings,


Kristy

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I can NOT believe that your doctor would tell you that you made up the symptoms or the illness, that is so rude. Have you tried a second opinion? How frustrating when you know you don't feel well and no one can help you.

I'll be praying for you.

Kristy Jensen said...

Yeah Sandra. Can you believe the dr? My kids were yelling and acting crazy (typical behavior of kids when you need to be paying attention to something). I wanted to say "yes, I brought all of my children in here just to annoy myself and for you to tell me I made up my symptoms." LOL! Dumb!