Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 5/26/14


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!

Happy Memorial Day! Please take a moment to thank a service member today and thank God for those who gave their lives for yours. Freedom is never free. We have been teaching our boys about what this day means for us personally and for our country. They are very interested in the military and ask questions all the time. We live in a highly military populated area. We have family members, friends, and neighbors who serve our country. We are so thankful for them all. 


As I Look Out My Window:::
The sun is shining on this beautiful Memorial Day. We have our flag flying in the front yard and the children are playing in the sandbox out back. 

Right Now I Am:::
Watching a movie and writing this blog post. Just took a small nap (I woke up with a headache and it won't go away for some reason). I am also drinking a large glass of water with lemon to help hydrate my body and detox as well. 

Thinking And Pondering:::
I have a lot on my mind today. I've been thinking about family and what that really means to me. Everyone has a different idea of what a family is or should be. To me a family is made up of those you love and want to be around. Whether it is your immediate family or extended family. Whether it is your in-laws or your friends from childhood. Family is what you make it. Family means love and acceptance. To me, family is everything because without it you have no one. Your family will be there for you when no one else is. I want to teach my boys that having a family to love is very important. 

On My Bedside Table:::
Japanese Cherry Blossoms body lotion and a book. 

On My TV This Week:::
I want to try to catch up on Call The Midwife (if I can find it on the internet or Netflix)
Random shows I may watch during the day with the kids. 
Not too much.

Listening To:::
The TV and my children playing (I can hear them out back).
My Hubby cleaning something (LOL!). 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Grilled chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans
Tuesday- Tacos, refried beans
Wednesday- Chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, peas
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner
Friday- Pizza night
Saturday- Burgers on the grill, potatoes, baked beans
Sunday- ??? (June menu planning will be sometime this week)

On My To Do List:::
June menu planning
Homeschooling
Laundry
Clean master bedroom
Re-organize the boy's rooms

Happening This Week:::
Hubby works late several nights this week to prepare for his upcoming inventory.
Hubby also has a softball game on Wednesday night.
My nephew's 5th birthday is Friday and I need to go buy him a gift and get it to him. 
Dentist appointments for everyone on Tuesday.

What I Am Creating:::
Not much. I have not been feeling well (pain every day) so I have not felt like making anything. 

My Simple Pleasure:::
Walking around an antique shop. I don't even have to buy anything. I just love to look around and get inspired by all of the old stuff. It is so relaxing and fun. 

Homemaking Tips:::
Always do the dishes right after dinner. I have found that if I have a clean kitchen when I go to bed I feel better in the morning. I feel fresh and ready for my day. 

Looking Around The House:::
There are small messes here and there. We have had a wonderful weekend doing "family" stuff so the cleaning has gone by the wayside. LOL!
There is mail piled up by the front door that needs to be gone through but it will get done eventually. 

From The Camera:::



Prayer List:::
Friends and family who are sick and have appointments and such (there are several).
Friends and family who do not know the Lord (for their salvation).
For healing for myself.
For all of the families of the service men and women who have lost someone for our country and to those who currently serve.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"For I know the plan I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

I have to remind myself of this verse every day. God has a great plan for me (and you) and I need to remember this during the hard times. 


Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: