Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 5/5/14


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday.

Another weekend come and gone. We had absolutely beautiful weather here in Virginia. Saturday I went shopping with my MIL for a couple of hours. It was nice to go somewhere and not have little ones to watch every second. I love them dearly but sometimes you just have to get away. We went to the antique mall and I got two Jan Karon books that I don't currently have for $6 total. That morning I took the kids to Walmart by myself...what a crazy experience. LOL! Never again! We had our house power washed and got a bathroom ceiling put on as well. Since Bear has been under the weather with a terrible cough (he is on a nebulizer machine) and I have an earache we decided to stay home from church and get things done around the house. We did laundry, mowed the lawn, finished power washing the house, and many other things. Also, Hubby caught a snake in our yard and took it down the road a ways to get rid of it. Just a black snake but I don't want him here. Ha!

As I Look Out My Window...
The sun is going in and out behind clouds and there is a light breeze blowing. The temp has changed a lot since yesterday and it is chilly. The birds are happy and we have a few new flowers in the garden. So beautiful. 

Right Now I Am...
Eating half of a 3 Muskateers bar. I bought it over the weekend and put it in the fridge. It is so good. I am also trying to relax a little since this earache is so painful. On a side note, Hubby brought some ear drops home to me on his lunch break...how sweet. 

Thinking And Pondering...
How blessed I am to be able to stay at home with my children and have the freedom to homeschool them. I am so blessed to live in a country that has religious freedom so that I can worship God without fear of being imprisoned or killed. I know people complain about living in the USA but I feel blessed to live here. 

On My Bedside Table...
Sleep meds, a book, lip balm, and my wrist brace.

On My TV Tonight...
Will probably just flip through the channels. I just don't think there is much on TV worth watching anymore. I normally end up watching The Cosby Show, Gilligan's Island, or Everybody Loves Raymond. 

Listening To...
The quietness of nap time. In the background I can hear The Wizard of Oz. My oldest son doesn't take naps anymore and he decided he wanted to watch this old classic today. He just loves it. 

On The Menu For This Week...
Monday- Tacos (Happy Cinco De Mayo)
Tuesday- Chicken, bacon, ranch pasta with salad and Texas toast
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- Hawaiian sweet French bread with bacon
Friday- Homemade pizza night
Saturday- All-in-one crockpot pork chop dinner (includes potatoes and corn)
Sunday- it's Mother's Day and I ain't cookin' (LOL!)

On My To Do List...
Laundry
Dishes
Change out Monkey's clothes to summer
Clean master bedroom
Homeschooling
Make pedicure appointment for my mom and I for Saturday ;-)

Happening This Week...
Not too much going on. 
Monday- Hubby has softball practice
Tuesday- nothing
Wednesday- Hubby has softball game
Thursday- nothing
Friday- appointment for Monkey and taking all of the kids to the beach
Saturday- pedicures for my mom and I for Mother's Day
Sunday- church and cookout 

What I Am Creating...
Still working on the quilt for my neighbor's daughter. I figure she'll get it before she turns 18. LOL!

My Simple Pleasure...
Getting a foot rub from my Hubby. I just love it and I could fall asleep!

Homemaking Tips...
Get the kids involved. Give them special chores that they can do with you. My boys love to wash windows and glass table tops and do the dishes. They love to sweep and take the dog for walks as well. Anything to get them to have fun while cleaning and helping. 

Looking Around The House...
For the most part it is tidy except the dishes in the sink. We got a new microwave b/c the old one caught on fire yesterday. We rearranged the kitchen so there is more counter space. It's nice to have a house that is semi-clean. 

From The Camera...


This is one of my favorite pics of Hubby and I.

Prayer List...
Praying for Bear and his coughing. He feels awful. 
All of the boys are sick in some form so praying for healing for all of us.
Praying for myself and this earache. It is so painful. 
Praying for marriages to be mended in America and across the world. 
Praying for family and friends who are sick, hurt, lost, or sad.

Bible Verse/Devotional...
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33


Blessings,


Kristy

3 comments:

Felicias Red Door Life said...

Hope y'all get to feeling better. Those home nebulizers are the most amazing thing. We have one for our daughter for when she gets her seasonal allergy/sinus colds. I'm not sure what we would do without it.

We don't watch a lot of normal television either, most of what we do watch (when we do) is on Netflix.

I agree being able to stay at home is such a blessing. WE live in an area were this is not the norm because of the low wages and cost of living, I'm reminded each day of how awesome it is to know I can raise my children and not have t worry about 40 hours of work on top of it.

laura vlk said...

Love the idea of doing this week after week. I may "steal" it. Praying for you all. Would love to have dinner soon and hear about updates to your life. Blessings!

Sandra said...

I'm sorry your ear was hurting, I'm hoping by now it's all better.

I feel extremely blessed being home with my children, and I can tell you as someone who was not born in the USA, that I am SO lucky and blessed to live in this beautiful country.