Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Life With Chronic Pain



For almost 2 years now I have been living with chronic pain in my right shoulder, arm, wrist, and hand. I have been to orthopedists, doctors, and chiropractors. Some of the things they suggested helped temporarily but never any real relief. I was "diagnosed" with carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, and hand and shoulder disorder. I am not even sure what that last one is but the doctor said it was caused by holding my baby. I don't hold him as much as he thinks I do. 

I believe the carpal tunnel part because I have done a lot of research on it and it is exactly my symptoms. I researched tennis elbow and well, I don't think I have that because my pain is not in the area that tennis elbow is supposed to be. My shoulder problem is the worst. There are days when I can't even move it. 

I take medication but try not to do that too often because of the side effects. I use a wrist brace for the carpel tunnel but it really doesn't help except at night. I have iced and rested these body parts. I have put them on the heating pad and gotten chiropractic help. Apparently, I had a vertebrae in my neck that was twisted. It helped for a while but I just can't go as often as he would like me to...I do have 3 children that need a babysitter for things like that. I can't get a sitter to save my life (except once in a great while). 

Living every single day of my life in horrible pain has made me a different person. I tend to get irritable more easily and don't want to take the kids out because of the pain. I have even gone to the extent of trying different herbs and natural remedies and NOTHING is helping me. I cry out to God every single day for relief. 

My wonderful Hubby has given me massages to help with the knots in my shoulder. I have even gotten massages from my neighbor (who is a massage therapist). She hasn't been able to help lately since she just had a baby. I just live with it, deal with it, try to ignore it. 

If you are living with chronic pain that cannot be explained by a doctor I feel your pain. When I tell the doctor that nothing is working he blames me. He says that I must not be doing something right or I need to get more rest. I don't know how much more rest I can get with 3 small children. Perhaps he could come over and watch them while I go take a nap and rest my arm. LOL! I know what you are going through. Some days I don't even want to get out of bed because then I have to face my pain. I have to trudge on through life feeling the weight of the world on my "shoulder". 

Speaking of sleep. Ha! That is a joke. I have tried so many things to get comfortable. We even bought a memory foam mattress topper. It is very nice except for my shoulder hurting. I take sleeping meds and that doesn't help either. 

God is the Healer and the Great Physician. I know He can heal me and help me through this pain each day. He is with me with every twinge on pain, with every ache of my muscles, with every sore movement. Whether this pain is here to stay for a lifetime or just for a season to test my strength and trust in God, I know He will carry me through it. 

"O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." -Psalm 30:2

"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows." Isaiah 53:4

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed." -Jeremiah 17:14

"He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.'" -Mark 5:34

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." -Revelation 21: 4

I really hope these bible verses help you if you are in pain and need healing. I am praying for you and please keep me in your prayers as well. 

Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: