Friday, May 9, 2014

To All My Mom's on Mother's Day!

I have been so blessed in my life to have a really great mama. She is such a hard worker, dedicated mother, and faithful to her family. My parents were never married to each other. My mom had me at a young age and basically raised me for a while by herself. My dad was around but only on weekend visits. My mom has always been there for me. She met my step-dad when I was 3 or 4 and married him when I was a little older. She and my step-dad have been together ever since and have children together as well. 

My mom is such a trooper. She has been through so much in her life. She never let any of her circumstances make or break her. She is stronger than any woman I have ever met. That is why I love Mother's Day. Each year we go get pedicures together (sometimes my younger sister comes). This year is no different. We are going tomorrow morning for our yearly pedi's. BTW- keep her in your prayers. She fell this morning and hit her head. She spent the morning in the ER and left with at least 9 stitches in her head. 

There she is...my wonderful mama and my step-dad. 

I have also been blessed by having a step-mom as well. She and my dad have been married since I was a little girl. She has a son who is my step-brother as well. She is now raising my niece and is such a good "mama" to her. I know that if I needed her she would be there. 

My step-mom and baby Monkey!!

Once again, I am so happy to have a MIL that is so loving. She is like a mother to me and has given me such good advice over the years. She raised such a wonderful man who is my Hubby. I am so grateful to have a great MIL. I hear so many horror stories of "Monster-in-laws". I truly got a good one. I thank her all the time for being so good to me. 

There she is with my FIL. They have such a wonderful relationship. 

I have other mom's in my life as well. They are not my "mom's" but they are mother's to other children and I would like to represent them here. These women mean a lot to me and I am truly, truly blessed to have them in my life. 

Here is my sister and her youngest son (she has 4 son's and 1 daughter).
She is very blessed for sure!

This is me and my Bestie! She has a son (whose name happens 
to be the same as my oldest son...I copied her). We have been 
friends for many, many years. I would like to say that 
she is a sister to me. 

This is my SIL. She is such a wonderful lady. 
She has 6 children of her own (plus 2 in heaven).
She also does foster care for 2 little ones and
has had a teenage girl in her care as well. 
She is busy but loves every minute of it. 


I am so thankful that God chose me to be a mama to my precious boys: Bear (5), Ducky (3), and Monkey (14 months). It is such an honor and a blessing. We have our bad days but most days it is so amazing watching them grow, learn, and play. 

I hope all of you have a very Happy Mother's Day. If you do not have children or have lost a child I am praying for you. I think of Baby Kendall during this time and yearn to to hold him in my arms. I know that I will one day though. To those who do not have children spend the day with your mom or sister or grandmother or a friend who is a mama. Celebrate them or give them the day off from their duties. Trust me...they will appreciate the break. 

Thinking of you all this weekend!


Blessings,


Kristy






No comments: