Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wordless Wednesday- Rest for the Weary Soul



This is my middle son Ducky. He is 3 1/2. After a very busy weekend and staying up late watching movies and eating popcorn he crashed hard Monday night. I found him like this on the sofa at 6pm. We had just eaten dinner and I was doing the dishes. I walked into the TV room and he was sounds asleep and didn't wake up until the next morning. 

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30

The Lord will give us rest and peace. We can give him our problems and troubles and he will gladly take them in exchange for rest. I know that I have been struggling a lot lately with some health issues and resting seems very difficult. I can't sleep at night yet I am sleepy during the day. On the nights that I do sleep I wake up exhausted, as if I didn't sleep a wink. I have some doctors appointments coming up soon. I am very hopeful that I will get to the bottom of all of this. 

Resting seems like such an easy thing to do. But, even if you are physically resting your mind can be racing.. Thinking of the what-ifs, the problems of life, the stress of a bad marriage, financial issues, etc. Give them all to God. He will give you rest. 


Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: