Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 6/16/14


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great Father's Day weekend. I had fun spoiling my husband with lots of hugs and kisses. We don't exchange gifts for these kind of holidays but we do things for each other. I made breakfast and coffee for him in bed. He loved it. I also made him dinner. He chose burgers on the grill with baked potatoes and baked beans. 

I have had an okay few days. I broke my ring finger last Friday and it has been killing me. I have to wear this brace thing for a while but it is getting better everyday. The swelling and bruising has gone down a lot. I still can't bend it without being in pain. I still can't get any of my friends or family to come change all these diapers for me. LOL! I really haven't asked though...plus it isn't too bad doing it with one less finger. 

As I Look Outside My Window:::
The sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Beautiful morning. 

Right Now I Am:::
Writing this blog post and hoping that the baby falls asleep for his morning nap. 

Thinking And Pondering:::
My 10 year anniversary is this week and I have been thinking about what to get for my hubby. He is so had to buy for because he doesn't really want anything. I have also been thinking about forgiveness. Forgiveness means it is a personal act. It has nothing to do with whether the other person is remorseful or not for their actions. It has everything to do with your own heart and letting things go and giving them to God. I am learning a very hard lesson about this very thing. 

On My Bedside Table:::
The second book in the Mitford series by Jan Karon. 
A few women's devotionals and my wrist brace.

On My TV This Week:::
24 comes on tonight. 
NCIS tomorrow night.
Not too much the rest of the week. 

Listening To:::
The quiet house and the faint sound of the big boys playing outside in the sand box. 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- tacos
Tuesday- chicken and rice casserole
Wednesday- pizza
Thursday- Our 10 year anniversary dinner at our favorite steak house
Friday- not sure since we will be doing things all day
Saturday- BBQ chicken on the grill, veggies
Sunday- not sure yet

On My To Do List:::
Homeschooling
House keeping
Laundry
Writing a card for a friend whose mother passed away
Running errands
Physical Therapy for my torn neck muscle on Wednesday
Library

Happening This Week:::
Not too much. My 10 year anniversary is Thursday and we got a sitter for all 3 of the boys overnight. Yipee! I am excited to celebrate 10 years with my best friend.

What I Am Creating:::
Still working on that quilt. Since I broke my finger it has been put on hold for a week or two. 

My Simple Pleasure:::
Drinking an iced cinnamon dulche latte from Starbucks. I only get about 1 per month but they are so good. 

Homemaking Tips:::
Spring cleaning does the house some good. Yes, I do spring clean. I get rid of old clothes that are too small for me or the kids. I put away winter clothes. I dust on top of things, clean the windows, clean the top of the fridge, and sweep under the furniture. It really makes a difference. 

Looking Around The House:::
It is pretty tidy except for the pile of shoes by the front door. I suppose I need to get the big boys to put them in their bins in the coat closet. 

From The Camera:::



Prayer List:::
Our country
Our leaders
Family and friends who are sick
A family friend who lost his mother last week
My own physical problems

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -Luke 12:34


Have a wonderful, blessed week!


Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: