Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 6/2/14


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!

Hope you had a great weekend! Happy Monday to you all! Ready or not another week is upon us. Hubby and I cleaned our house this past weekend and I got rid of two huge bags of magazines (I never pay for them...I always get free subscriptions) and 1 huge bag of clothes. Next weekend we will be deep cleaning both of the boy's rooms and getting rid of clothes in there. Their dresser recently broke so we are going to purchase two small ones for the big boys room. I love spring cleaning. It makes me feel great. 


As I Look Outside My Window:::
The sun is shining and the boys are heading out to play. The grass needs to be cut but that is the least of my worries. Hubby will do it later. I also see our humming bird feeder...I hope they find it soon. I love humming birds. 

Right Now I Am:::
Eating cheddar popcorn and thinking about things that need to be done this week. 

Thinking And Pondering:::
I've been thinking a lot about my upcoming 10 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Hubby and I have actually been together for 14 years. I was just a baby. LOL! I have been thinking about what to get my wonderful Hubby for our anniversary and what we should do since we have a sitter overnight!! We have never left the baby overnight. Can't wait! Any suggestions on what to get him??

On My Bedside Table:::
A new women's devotional (A Woman After God's Own Heart)
My prayer journal (I slacked off in writing in it and want to start back up)
A Beth Moore devotional (not sure of the name but it is really good)

On My TV This Week:::
24 comes on tonight
Not too much since Hubby works late and has softball games

Listening To:::
The clock on the wall ticking. It is such a relaxing sound to me. I can also hear bugs running into the window from outside. LOL! And, I hear the occasional happy noise from the big boys playing outside together. 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- Chicken alfredo and cheesy Texas toast
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- Breakfast (a.k.a. Brinner)
Thursday- Chili cheeseburger mac with cornbread
Friday- pizza or takeout (will decide later)
Saturday- Hawaiian grilled chicken, potatoes with rosemary, corn
Sunday- TBD

On My To Do List:::
Fold ALL laundry (actually already did this, now I have to put it away)
Dishes
Homemaking schedule
Research some vendors for the homeschool convention on Friday
Go through books in classroom and donate ones that are not used
Finish Baby G's quilt 
Homeschooling

Happening This Week:::
Hubby works late a lot this week 
Softball game on Thursday
Library
Homeschool convention on Friday (I can't wait!!)


What I Am Creating:::
Nothing new...just the quilt

My Simple Pleasure:::
Dairy Queen S'mores blizzards. They are only available for a short time each year and we live one block away from a DQ. We had one last night :-)

Homemaking Tips:::
Do laundry as a team. Hubby always washes and dries the clothes (on weekends) and I fold them and put them away. It makes it so much easier and less time consuming. 

Looking Around The House:::
I see a clean house for the most part since we did a deep clean over the weekend. There are a few books sitting out here and there and a race car in the floor here and there. Other than that it's pretty clean...let's see how long it stays that way. Ha!

From The Camera:::

Daisies from my boys picked in a field at my dad's house. 


Prayer List:::
Hubby as he has a tough work week this week.
My neighbor as her hubby is gone this week for work.
My SIL as her hubby is gone this week for work. 
Our country, leaders, etc. 
Any sick family and friends. 

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing,a time to seek, and a time to lose;a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.." -Ecclesiastes  3:1-8


Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: