Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 6/30/14


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!

What a wonderful weekend we had around here. We did have some illnesses but they were minor. Saturday we went to my wonderful neighbors house for her daughter's 7th birthday. She has 4 daughters and we just adore all of them (they homeschool as well so we spend a lot of time together). The party was a lot of fun and involved a pinata, trampoline, and water balloons. At the party poor Ducky got stung by a bee on the bottom of his foot. He had a minor allergic reaction and his foot was very swollen and he couldn't put pressure of it. You will be glad to know we gave him the proper meds and he woke up Sunday morning with just a little pain and swelling. Saturday evening Monkey also came down with a high fever. No other symptoms but he wouldn't eat or drink anything. He woke up Sunday feeling a bit better with just a low grade fever. He did finally get his appetite back. 

Sunday afternoon we decided to go get some fireworks for the 4th of July. We had to go across the river to get them. While we were over there we went to this little beach and let the kids play in the sand and water. It must have been wonderful therapy for the soul because we all felt better when we got home. The beach can cure any ailment. LOL! 

As I Look Out My Window:::
The sun is shining and there are a few white, puffy clouds in the sky. The boys are playing in the sandbox together and the baby is napping. I also see that a squirrel must have gotten on the bird feeder because he knocked the whole thing loose. Stinkin squirrels!

Right Now I Am:::
I have a load of laundry going and just cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast. I am relaxing for a few minutes while the baby naps. 

Thinking And Pondering:::
I got a position (by volunteering) to write for another blog. It is called Inspired Moms Club. I am very excited and my first article will be coming out on Thursday. It is a great opportunity for me and I am praying that God will use me to help others. 

On My Bedside Table:::
A few books and some lip balm. 

On My TV This Week:::
Probably not too much except 24 tonight. My hubby and I will probably rent some movies from Redbox over the long weekend. 

Listening To:::
It is quiet in the house but I can hear my big boys out back talking about a huge vulture that they can see on the road. LOL! They are obsessed with falcons and vultures. 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- chicken and rice casserole with homemade yeast rolls and salad
Tuesday- tacos with beans and salsa
Wednesday- Breakfast for dinner (aka Brinner) blueberry pancakes, bacon, eggs
Thursday- pizza
Friday- Happy Independence Day! Cookout with friends!
Saturday- Hawaiian chicken on the grill, potatoes, zucchini, and squash (fresh from my mama's garden)
Sunday- hamburgers on the grill, beans, chips

On My To Do List:::
Homeschooling (just minimal nature study stuff for summer)
Laundry
Writing a blog post for IMC (as mentioned above)
Cleaning the school room for a new school year
Homeschool planning for next year
Normal house work
Finish the baby quilt

Happening This Week:::
We stay home quite a bit so it may seem boring to some folks but I like it that way.
Friday is the 4th of July celebration and we have been invited some friend's house for a cookout. 
After the cookout we will go down the street and watch the local fireworks. It is so much fun!
Saturday Hubby and I may get to see his best friend and his wife for a while. We will go biking and get lunch with them. Not set in stone yet...plus we have to nail down a sitter. Any takers?? 

What I Am Creating:::
I finally got to work on the quilt over the weekend. That's all I have left is to do the edge. I am very happy about that!



My Simple Pleasure:::
Just sitting with a hot cup of tea (or coffee depending on the day I've had) and reading from my Bible. God's word always speaks to me in some way and it rejuvenates me to continue on in my day. 

Homemaking Tips:::
Do a 15 minute tidy up each day before your Hubby comes home from work. I know it may sound silly but just to pick the toys up off of the floor and tidy up the kitchen a bit is so helpful for him to come home to. Well, at least that is what my Hubby has said to me. It is a small thing that I can do for him to say thank you for working so hard to provide for us. 

Looking Around The House:::
It's pretty neat for the time being. I am sure a tiny tornado will come through here at any time. But, that's the life I live with 3 small children. I don't live in a museum so I try to look at the bright side of things. 

From The Camera:::



Prayer List:::
I am praying for family needs.
My SIL has a lot of health issues and I really pray she finds the right doctor (and her insurance will cooperate).
Our country as we celebrate our freedom this Friday and the safety of anyone who ventures out.
For our troops both near and far. I am so thankful for their sacrifice and for the ones they leave behind to defend this country. 

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"Now, O my God,  I pray, let Your eyes be open and Your ears be attentive to the prayer offered in this place." -2 Chronicles 6:40


Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: