Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 7/28/14

Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!

Welcome! Hope you had a good weekend. We mostly hung out around the house. Saturday morning we took the boys to our local historical downtown area for a bike ride and picnic. It was fun and they had a blast. Not too much to report today. We are gearing up for school to start in September. I homeschool so I ordered all of the books needed for this year. I am excited and happy that I got it done. I was stressing a lot and with the help of my SIL (who is a veteran homeschooler), I ordered what I needed and nothing extra. Saved me a lot of money!!

Breakfast Time:::
I had coffee and oatmeal. I have started the THM eating plan and it is fun. Lots of new things to try!

On Today's To Do List:::
Continue cleaning out the school room
Work on an article for another website
Work on a devotional for a new book
Laundry
Dishes

Currently Reading:::
Trim Healthy Mama
Women Living Well
2 Bible commentaries about Hebrews and 1 and 2 Samuel

On The TV Today:::
Actually nothing...I know exciting. I am sitting here in the quiet of my kitchen while the baby naps and the big boys play outside. I have the window open and the breeze is blowing. So peaceful. 

The Weather Outside:::
It is already 82 degrees outside...not a cloud in sight. It will be very humid today (as usual here in VA). It is a beautiful morning though. 

On The Menu This Week:::
Monday- sweet and sour chicken with sauteed veggies
Tuesday- tacos
Wednesday- chicken alfredo with broccoli and salad
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- pizza
Saturday- bugers and hot dogs on the grill with veggies

If I Have A Few Minutes To Myself I Will:::
Go to the bathroom without an audience. LOL! 
Read, sew, close my eyes and pray

New Recipe I Want To Try:::
There is a recipe for a frappe in the Trim Healthy Mama book and I really want to try it. It uses ingredients that are good for you instead of all the sugar and weird ingredients that the coffee shops use. Going to try it this week sometime.

In The Garden:::
My rose garden is in full bloom. Hubby got some mulch a few weeks ago and has done the new garden in our front yard with the fountain. Here is a pic of one of my roses:


Favorite Photo From The Camera:::



Homemaking Tip:::
Play music while you do house work. It gives me motivation and gets me moving. I listen to Christian music and it is always uplifting and encouraging as well. It can be daunting sometimes when you feel like you do the same thing day in and day out. Music gives me hope and lets me know that God is near. 

Visiting With Blog Friends:::
I have recently discovered a blog called To The Moon And Back. It is such a wonderful little blog. It has encouraged me so much. The author is Dusty. She writes about faith, homemaking, school, etc. It is a very cute website!

Praying For:::
The health of certain family members.
The spiritual warfare going on in certain relationships. 
The salvation of my children. 
My husband as he goes out into the world each day. 
Our country, troops, leaders, etc. 

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
Check out the Inspired Moms Club website. There are lots of resources from parenting, marriage, to how-to projects, and recipes. It is a website to encourage women in their walk with the Lord. Wonderful webiste!

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed week. My middle son, Ducky, turns 4 this weekend. He is very excited. We will be preparing for his party this week. I already ordered him a gift...new Woody cowboy boots. My boys live in cowboy boots. LOL! It is too cute!

Blessings,

Kristy 

No comments: