Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 7/7/14


Please visit Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday!

I hope you all had a great Independence Day! We went to a cookout with some friends and then enjoyed a wonderful fireworks display with my sister and her crew and my neighbor and her crew. It was very nice. The kids had tons of fun. Hubby had a long weekend and we got a lot done around the house. I went through some things and donated about 3-4 bags worth of clothes, toys, books, etc. If I haven't used it in a year I don't need it. I feel so free when I get rid of stuff. Sometimes I get rid of too much stuff. But, it makes my Hubby happy. 

Here is the link to my article about Hope. I pray that you like it and can get something positive out of it. 

As I Look Out My Window:::
I see beautiful blue skies. Not a cloud in site. We had Hurricane Arthur breeze past us last week so this is welcome weather. 

Right Now I Am:::
Enjoying the quiet of the house while the big boys play outside. I can hear the dryer going in the garage (our laundry area is located in the garage) and the hum of the dishwasher. Wait...I also hear the baby talking in his bed. I guess nap time is over. LOL!

Thinking And Pondering:::
I've been thinking a lot about forgiveness and how we should extend grace to those who have hurt us (even if they don't know they hurt us). I have also been thinking about other's and how I can be a more positive influence to all those I meet. My children watch my every move and hear my every word. I want them to mimic a positive person and not some grumpy woman who has nothing better to do than to complain about everything. 

On My Bedside Table:::
The same stuff that is always there...lip balm, a book, a devotional, and my wrist brace.

On My TV This Week:::
24 comes on tonight
I have also been catching up on Call The Midwife on the internet

Listening To:::
I suppose I already answered this above but I am listening to the dryer and the dishwasher. Oh, and the baby quieted down. Yay! 

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- nachos
Tuesday- subs and chips (or fries depending on how I feel)
Wednesday- BBQ chicken, mac and cheese, peas
Thursday- breakfast food (pancakes, eggs, bacon)
Friday- Family Date Night at Anna's Pizza (we do a family date night once a month, the boys LOVE it)
Saturday- burgers on the grill, potato salad, baked beans (s'mores for dessert!)
Sunday- something in the crockpot

On My To Do List:::
Get all laundry washed, folded, and put away
Continue cleaning our school room for the fall
Finish this blasted quilt for my neighbor's daughter (I say that because I have procrastinated long enough)
Homeschooling

Happening This Week:::
There is a swap meet tomorrow through Friday at my friend's church. I donated some items and plan to go one of the days. 
Hubby has vacation next week so I will be cleaning the house so we can relax while he is off. 
We do not go anywhere for vacation...we do a staycation!

What I Am Creating:::
The quilt. Nothing else right now.

My Simple Pleasure:::
Reading a good book on the front porch while sipping sweet tea. The breeze blowing and the sound of the birds chirping is all I hear. 

Homemaking Tips:::
Spend some time outdoors. If you get in a rut with your house work take a few minutes and step outside to refresh yourself. Take a deep breath and let all the work wait while you rejuvenate. It really helps me to refocus and get more done. 

Looking Around The House:::
I already did most of my cleaning today. That's what happens when you wake up at 5:30am to have coffee with the Hubby and have my quiet time with the Lord. I do have a lot of mess in the school room since I am trying to re-organize it. 

From The Camera:::


Prayer List:::
Our country and leaders
My hubby to have a fast work week
My children's salvation
My homeschooling year
To find a church home

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." -James 4:8

Please visit my other blog posts (I have a giveaway going on!).

Blessings,


Kristy

1 comment:

Sandra said...

My laundry room is in my garage too lol

Love Breakfast for dinner, my husband not so much he is a weirdo lol But I love it :)

Hope you're having a great Tuesday.