Friday, August 8, 2014

A New Adventure Begins {Happenings of the Jensen Family}

Starting on Monday I will be employed. I will be babysitting two sweet little children. A boy who is 4 and a little girl who is 3. I babysat them a couple of weeks ago for a day to do a trial run and it went great. They are so precious. 

I am a little nervous to start this new adventure but I am confident that it will bless me so much. I will also be starting school with the boys in September. I have a new curriculum and I am pumped to get started. I just wanted to let my readers know about the things going on in the Jensen household. 

Both Bear (5) and Ducky (4) just attended Vacation Bible School. They learned some new bible verses and songs. They didn't move a muscle or sing one note during their final performance for us parents. But, they were adorable! Before that, Ducky had his 4th birthday. Many friends and family came to our house to celebrate with us. There were gummy worm "dirt" cupcakes, a pinata, and lots of buggy presents. It was a "bug themed" party. You know...boys and bugs go hand in hand. 



I am so thankful for all of the people who joined us on that special day. I love birthdays. They bring life to a house. They are the celebration of a person that means a lot. Life is so precious (and seems very short at times). Celebrating a person's birth once a year is the least I can do. 

We have also been finishing the bathroom remodel. It has been going on for over a year. We can only do things when we get the funding. It has been a slow process but my husband has worked so hard. There are some final touches and then I will post some pics for you. It is a dramatic difference. It is only one of three bathrooms in our house. Our next project is the master bathroom. It has the ugliest terra cotta style tiles. Blek! We are going to reconfigure the set up and get new tiles. 

We have been enjoying our summer. We have hit the beach several times, gone to the local amusement park, gone on picnics and to the pool. My boys spend a lot of time outside. The love to get dirty and and jump on the trampoline. Summers are for fun. I think we may take the boys camping in the fall. We have a KOA campground near here that has groupons. I am going to be on the lookout! 

I hope you all have had a great summer so far. 

Blessings,


Kristy

No comments: