Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 8/4/14

For more Happy Homemaker Monday please visit Diary of a SAHM

Happy Monday everyone! I pray that you had a very good weekend. Ours was filled with family time and a birthday. Ducky (my middle son) turned 4 on Sunday. We had a party for him complete with a pinata, gummy worm cupcakes, and presents. He had a wonderful time and is so happy that he is 4 now. We took him to IHOP on Saturday night for an early birthday dinner. He loved the pancakes!

Breakfast Time:::
I had a bowl of strawberry O's from Trader Joes...yum!

On Today's To Do List:::
Laundry
Dishes
Tidy up from the festivities
VBS for the boys tonight

Currently Reading:::
These High, Green Hills by Jan Karon
Trim Healthy Mama (more like studying it)
The Art of French Cooking (yes, I love Julia Child!)

On The TV Today:::
I am currently listening to Reba in the background. 
Later, I may watch another episode of Once Upon A Time. 

The Weather Outside Is:::
It is about 85 and the sun is shining. 
There is a chance of rain all week but hopefully it won't.

On The Menu This Week:::
Monday- sloppy joes for hubby. 
Tuesday-Thursday- eating at church
Friday- chicken and broccoli pasta
Saturday- cookout at my mom's house (my twin brothers are turning 18!!)

If I Have A Few Minutes By Myself I Will:::
Take a nap. LOL! I am exhausted today. Feels like my blood is made of iron. Going to bed early tonight. 

New Recipe I Want To Try:::
I want to try a new bread recipe. It is from the Gwen's Nest blog. You can find the recipe HERE. It is a great recipe that a lot of people are raving about who are on the THM diet. I am going to try it soon. 

In The Garden:::
Still waiting for my tomatoes to come in. My mama brought me a huge load of veggies from the farmer's market yesterday. I will be enjoying that all week for lunch!

Favorite Photo From The Camera:::

Me and my Ducky boy at his bday dinner. 

Homemaking Tip:::
Make sure to take time for yourself. When you put the kids down for a nap read a book that you have been wanting to read. Take a small nap or crochet or knit. I love to sew so I get something out and go to town. 

Visiting With Blog Friends:::
I have been visiting Gwen's Nest very often. She has such a cute website and her recipes are so good.

Praying For:::
My nephew's health. 
VBS this week (the workers and the children).
Family members who are battling different things.
My husband and our marriage. 
My children and their salvation. 

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
I wrote THIS article last week and hope you can glean something from it. It is my heart and I enjoyed writing it. Please read it and be blessed. There are other articles on this website as well that may inspire you.

Blessings,


Kristy  

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I like Jan Karon books and Julia Child :)

I'll have to check out that bread recipe, I'm always looking for new ones.

Have a great week!