Monday, August 18, 2014

"Treat Yourself" Book Review



Do you like cookies? I LOVE cookies! I love desserts in general. I also love pre-made desserts such as Twinkies, Oreos, and ice cream sandwiches. I just hate buying them when they are so processed. I usually stay away from these yummy treats because of the preservatives in them. Well, I have a solution. Treat Yourself by Jennifer Steinhauer is a wonderful book filled with recipes for some of your favorite classics. I love to bake so this book appealed to me right away. Then, I found it you could make homemade Thin Mints, Nutter Butters, and Honey Buns. I was sold!

I chose to make one recipe for my review though I plan to keep this book handy. The recipe I chose is for the classic Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. I figured that my kids would love to help me with this task. 


As you can see they had a blast helping me. I loved how easy the recipes were to follow. You can read one chapter HERE. You can read more about Jennifer Steinhauer HERE. I truly feel that there are some wonderful treats yet to be made by me and my family (especially the homemade graham crackers and nilla wafers). 

Here are some pics of what I made:






As you can see they turned out okay. The taste was great but they didn't flatten out. I had all fresh ingredients so I am not sure what went wrong. I will make them again and see if maybe it was just the humidity of the day. They were all devoured! Hubby loved them and my three boys asked every second if they could have some. 

I hope you get a chance to buy a copy of this wonderful book Treat Yourself. 

Blessings,


Kristy

I received this book from Blogging For Books for review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 

No comments: