Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Lifelong Love {Review}



I have been a fan of Gary Thomas for a long time now. I received my first book by him as a wedding gift from my BFF. It was the Sacred Marriage Devotional For Couples. I read that book with my husband and it was so wonderful for our new marriage. I have kept that book in my nightstand every since. I have also hear Gary Thomas speak at a homeschool convention. I have his seminar Sacred Marriage on CD. So, when the opportunity came to review his new book A Lifelong Love I was very excited. I love his theory that marriage is more about making us holy than making us happy. It's more about God and our relationship with Him than with other relationships.

In A Lifelong Love, Gary Thomas gives us the tools to have a spiritually intentional relationship. No matter what season of marriage you are in, this book will help your marriage. We all need a little encouragement and support in our marriages. This book provides both of these things. I felt that it helped me to communicate better with my husband. Marriage is about more than just staying together. It's about glorifying God through our relationship with our spouse.

Here is some info about Gary Thomas:


"Gary Thomas is writer-in-residence at Second Baptist Church in Houston, a frequent guest on Focus on the Family and FamilyLife Today radio, and a popular speaker. His award-winning books, including The Sacred Search, have been translated into over a dozen languages and together have sold more than a million copies worldwide. Thomas and his wife have been married thirty years and have three children."

Here is some info about the book:

"Discover how to live out a sacred marriage. You believe your marriage has eternal purposes. you long for it to reach beyond your home and encourage others. But what does it look like to have a spiritually intentional relationship in the midst of dirty dishes, work deadlines, and car pools? In Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas showed us that God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy. Now, in A Lifelong Love, Thomas gives us the practical tools to craft our marriages into inspiring relationships that breathe spiritual life to others. Whatever season of marriage you are in, A Lifelong Love gives your the practical help you need to infuse your marriage with a spiritual passion that will not only change you but will change the world around you."

I highly recommend this book. It will change your marriage and your relationship with your spouse. For more information please visit these sites:

Official website: www.alifelonglove.com
Gary Thomas’ website: www.garythomas.com
Follow Gary on Twitter@garyLthomas


Blessings,


Kristy

"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
 Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”

No comments: