Monday, October 20, 2014

Your Foundation In Christ



Dr. Neil T. Anderson is the founder and president emeritus of Freedom in Christ Ministries. He has written several bestselling books on spiritual freedom, including Victory Over The Darkness and The Bondage Breaker. I am always looking for new books and resources to further my knowledge in Christ. I use the bible as my main resource but I also like to read other books to get someone else's point of view. Your Foundation in Christ by Dr. Neil T. Anderson is a wonderful addition to my library. I was very thrilled to get the opportunity to review this book published by Bethany House.

I love to study the bible. Every time I crack it's pages open I learn something new. My eyes are opened to new aspects of God's love for us and my faith is renewed. Your Foundation in Christ is all about deepening the roots of our faith in God. We are so connected to God that we were not meant to live without Him. Dr. Anderson asks the question, is your faith rooted in enduring truth or the world's ever-changing messages? He answers these questions as well as how to determine one from the other.

The book is divided into six sessions. Each session has five parts. There are bible verses that go along with each session and part along with daily readings. It is more like a 10-minute bible study that you can do each day. It is a great addition to your current quiet time with the Lord. I try to add one book other than the bible to my daily reading during my quiet time. Usually, it is one that can further my faith and knowledge in the Lord.

Each part has a key verse, key point, a quick explanation of the subject, and a few questions to see what you obtained. I really enjoyed this book. I got a lot out of it and highly recommend it to anyone looking to further their faith in God. To make sure that you are rooted in the Word of God and not the world around you.


Blessings,


Kristy

This book was given to me by Bethany House in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 

No comments: