Saturday, November 15, 2014

God's Great Creation {Review}



I homeschool all three of my boys. Right now we are in the throes of teaching my oldest son to read. I have many "I Can Read!" books. God's Great Creation is a level 2 reader. We are not quite there yet but I wanted to opportunity to review this book for myself. It is based on the Adventure Bible (the #1 bible for kids).

My two older children loved the story. It is very accurate and on a child's level of comprehension. The pictures are beautifully illustrated by David Miles. I love leveled readers for my boys. My older son (6, Bear) was able to sound out a few of the words. Eventually, he will be able read it all by himself. What a wonderful day that will be. It was an easy read. I loved watching my children's faces as I read the story using silly voices.

My four year old son (Monkey) loved the pictures. Since he has no interest in trying to read at this point, he is very visual. I truly enjoyed reading God's Great Creation to my children and plan to utilize it in our homeschool through out the year.

I recommend this book to all homeschool families, parents of children learning to read, and grandparents of young children. It would make the perfect stocking stuffer this Christmas.

Blessings,


Kristy

This book was given to me by Book Look Bloggers for review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own. 

No comments: