Sunday, November 2, 2014

Messy Beautiful Love {Review}


I have been reading Darlene Schacht's blog Time-Warp Wife for about two years now. I knew that she was writing a book and really hoped I would get the chance to read it for myself. I was very surprised when I went to booklookbloggers.com and found that it was one of the books to choose from. I immediately requested it for review. Her book is called Messy Beautiful Love. It is her love story with her husband. It's about hope and redemption in a real marriage. The forward is done by another amazing woman, Courtney Joseph (who has also written a book called Women Living Well). I have been following her blog Women Living Well for two years also. 

Here is a little bio on Darlene Schacht:

 "Darlene Schacht is the original founder of Christian Women Online Magazine and The Internet CafĂ© Devotions and writes the popular blog Time-Warp Wife. She is coauthor of Candace Cameron Bure’s New York Time’s best-selling book, Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness. Darlene has been married to Michael Schacht for more than 25 years. They have four children."

I love Darlene's heart. She shares her story down to all the nitty, gritty details. I know a few people who have gone through exactly what she has gone through in her marriage. This book would be so helpful for them and I plan on recommending it to all of my friends. She talks about all of the trials that she and her husband have faced in their marriage. From financial problems to an extremely unhappy spouse. There is so much more to this book than just problems though. She also gives details about how God used her to better her relationship with her husband. 

Darlene admits to some pretty dark things that happened to her. She does so because God redeemed her from those things and they make her who she is today. She went through the fire to get to where she is. She surrendered all of herself to God and He gave her the biggest blessings she couldn't even imagine. Marriage is made by God to last. She speaks about the hope that we can all have for our marriages and how our obedience to God will deliver huge blessings to our marriages. 

"Messy Beautiful Love is about cleaning up messes God's way, exchanging our ideas for his, and being prepared for both the best and the worst that marriage has to offer."

I highly recommend Messy Beautiful Love to all women who want their marriage to last. Darlene has been through a lot and gives biblical advice on how she and her husband got through those tough times. They came out on the other end with a new outlook on their marriage. One that is meant to last a lifetime. 

Blessings,


Kristy

*This book was given to me by Book Look Bloggers in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: