Friday, November 28, 2014

Nurturing Great Kids Devotional {Review}


Raising children is the hardest job I have ever had. That is why I need all the help I can get. Zondervan Publishing has just put out a book called Nurturing Great Kids written by Dan Seaborn. It's a once-a-day devotional for parents to gain insight, wisdom, and encouragement in parenting. We can all use extra help from others who have been through the fires of parenting. Dan Seaborn does just that.

The days are labelled by January 1, January 2, etc. There is a new theme for each day with a little story or devotion. A bible verse is included at the top of each day that goes along with each theme. There is a Parenting Principle that gives the parent an action to take. It could be to pray for something or someone or showing an act of kindness to someone, etc. There are different ones for everyday. At the end of the devotion for the day there are Points To Ponder. These range from questions to think over to thinking deeper about the theme for that day.

Here is a description of the book:

"We strive to do what is best for our family, but there are many differing opinions on how to be a good parent. Truly successful parenting begins with focusing on God and making him the center of all we do. The Once-A-Day Nurturing Great Kids Devotional helps you to bring God into your parenting by providing 365 daily devotionals written specifically for parents who are seeking to build a stronger relationship with their kids and put God first in their family. These devotionals will inspire you as a parent to embrace the role that God has given you, while also equipping you with the tools you need to be a strong Christian role model for your children."

I really love the layout of this book and plan on using it often. I love devotionals because everything is provided for you to get into God's word. The bible verse is very helpful because I find it hard to relate some things to the bible and Dan Seaborn has already done the work for you.

I recommend this book to all parents or parents-to-be. It is a very inspirational book that has encouraged me in my parenting as well as my Christian walk.


*This book was given to me by Book Look Bloggers for review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: