Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Small Talk {Review}



My children have tons of questions every single day. Questions about life, God, family, homeschooling, etc. Amy Julia Becker has three children who ask a lot of questions too. She wrote a book called Small Talk and she discusses these questions from her kids. It's funny how raising kids is totally different than I ever imagined it. I thought I would be teaching them things like how to love, live, and laugh. But, they are the ones teaching me how to love unconditionally, live like there's no tomorrow, and laugh at things that are silly.

Amy Julia Becker has been writing for a long time. She writes about motherhood, children, and special needs. One of her children has down syndrome. I love her perspective from this child because it is so innocent and sweet. Every day her children make her think harder about life. They prompt her to think deeper about life's circumstances and situations.

About the author:

"Amy Julia Becker writes about faith, family, and disability for Parents.com, the New York Times Motherlode blog, TheAtlantic.com, The Huffington Post parents page, Christianity Today, The Christian century, and numerous other publications. Her first book, A Good and Perfect Gift: Faith, Expectations, and a Little Girl Named Penny, was named one of the Top Ten Religion Books of 2011 by Publishers Weekly. Amy Julia lives in western Connecticut with her husband and three children."

I really enjoyed the sweet, funny stories from Small Talk. The author is very personable and tells the stories exactly how they happened. She is real and honest. Most of all she has deepened her relationship with her children as well as God. Through the discussions with her children she has re-examined her own relationships and come out better for it.

I loved this book and it helped me to gain wisdom in my own mothering and relationship with my children. Their curiosity is not a burden but an opportunity to teach, love, and gain insight into my own life. I recommend this book to all mothers or mothers-to-be.

Please visit these sites for more info on the author and the book:



Amy’s Website: http://amyjuliabecker.com

Follow her on Twitter here!

Check out her Facebook page here!

Blessings,


Kristy

"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post."

No comments: