Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday- 12/8/14

For more Happy Homemaker Monday please visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM

Happy Monday everyone! We had a wonderful weekend. My husband is starting a new job soon (we have been praying about this for a loooong time now). So, he took an extra day off on Friday. We got most of our Christmas shopping done. I signed and addressed all of my Christmas cards and we finished decorating the house. Sunday was so wonderful. We went to church and then came home to watch football and relax. I actually fell asleep in the recliner while the baby took a nap. We had homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner. I love Sunday's!

The Weather Outside:::
It is VERY cold here in Va. It is cloudy with a chance of rain...or just cloudy. Not sure. Too cold to do anything. 

On The Breakfast Plate This Morning:::
Cereal and French bread with honey butter. Mmmm...it was good. 

As I Look Outside My Window:::
Cloudy and dreary looking. No one is outside because it's too cold. I do see a few leaves still clinging to the trees. They are waiting to fall until after Christmas...haha. 

Right Now I Am:::
Writing some articles to be turned in today to my editors. I am also enjoying the quiet while the baby is sleeping. I am watching Food Network and getting excited about my Christmas meal. 

As I Look Around The House:::
My Christmas tree is lit up with colorful lights and beautiful non-breakable ornaments. The dog is sleeping on top of a quilt next to me. The big boys are playing on electronics (which they rarely get to use). The crock pot has dinner going and there are a few dishes in the sink. 

On Today's To Do List:::
Laundry- wash, fold, and put away
Dishes- Just a few from lunch and more later after dinner
Tidy up- We do a 10 minute tidy for each room in the house
Bathrooms- toilets, counters, sinks, floors, and tub (Hubby did the shower on Saturday)
Homeschool- Catching up after a couple of slack weeks
Write and Submit Articles- I have two articles due today. Yikes! Not to worry...I have already started on them. 

Currently Reading:::
A Common Life: The Wedding Story by Jan Karon (book #6)

On The TV Today:::
No idea. Hopefully, a Christmas movie.

On The Menu This Week:::
Monday- leftover chicken and dumplings with French bread
Tuesday- Chili hamburger macaroni and cheese
Wednesday- Ranch chicken, pasta, and a veggie
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner
Friday- ?
Saturday- not sure yet...my big boys are in a Christmas play at church!!

What I Am Creating At The Moment:::
Memories with my family. I do not have any projects at the moment so that I can focus more on being present with my family during this wonderful time of the year. I want my children to remember what Christmas is really all about...Jesus and love, and family. 

New Recipe I Tried Or Want To Try:::
The chicken and dumplings I mentioned above. I used the new Campbell's Soups For Easy Cooking (in a box). It was so delicious and easy. 

Favorite Photo From The Camera:::

This pic is from the archives. I have been reminiscing about
my sweet baby. He is almost 2 years old and I miss this so much.

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, Devotionals:::
Father in Heaven, Bend Your ear to hear our prayers. Let us remember Jesus during this wonderful time of year and always. Let us not get wrapped up in the material things that come with the Christmas season but remember You and Your wonderful gift of baby Jesus. Thank You for Your love and mercy. Thank You for Your grace and forgiveness. Bless those who do not have a family to love them and send them people to care for them. In Your Holy Name I Pray, Amen. 


No comments: