Friday, January 2, 2015

From This Day Forward {Review}


I love a good book about Christian marriage. So, when From This Day Forward by Craig and Amy Groeschel became available for review, I immediately applied. Thank goodness I was chosen for this one. I had heard that this couple was writing a book about their marriage and what has worked for them. 

Here is some info about Craig and Amy Groeschel:

"New York Times bestselling author, Craig Groeschel, is the founding and senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, a pace-setting multicampus church and creators of the popular and free YouVersion Bible App. He is the author of several books including Soul Detox, Weird, The Christian Atheist and It. Craig, his wife, Amy Groeschel, and their six children live in Edmond, Oklahoma."

I just love this couple. They have the sweetest testimony. In their book, they go through "Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage". These commitments include:

  • Seek God
  • Fight Fair
  • Have Fun
  • Stay Pure
  • Never Give Up
I think my favorite part was about staying pure even after marriage. Just because you stay "pure" until marriage doesn't mean you remain "pure" by God's standard. It is about keeping your mind, body, and soul pure as well. Shielding one another (you and your spouse) from those dangers of impure thoughts and actions. For instance, watching certain things on TV can put thoughts into your head. 

I also enjoyed the section about "Having Fun". After being married for more than 10 years, sometimes I forget to enjoy my husband and do fun things with him. The day-to-day things of life just become so routine. We need to enjoy our spouse and do things that they like to do too. 

Here is a summary of the book:


"New York Times bestselling author and pastor Craig Groeschel is joined by his wife Amy for this groundbreaking book on marriage. Hard-hitting and humorous, refreshingly transparent—this resource will make good marriages stronger and save the ones that are hanging on by a thread.
You know the stats, and they are horrifying. 50% of marriages don’t make it. With those kinds of odds, is it even possible to have a great marriage? Craig Groeschel believes so, but not if you treat it like everyone else does.
In this groundbreaking new book, New York Times bestselling author and pastor Craig Groeschel and his wife Amy show engaged and married couples how to conquer the odds in a culture where “I do” doesn’t necessarily mean forever and find the joy, passion, and strength of a marriage built by God. Craig and Amy present the 5 commitments all spouses need to make in order to absolutely fail-proof their marriage. Starting right now—from this day forward."
I truly hope you go out and purchase From This Day Forward for yourself. It can change the way you view marriage and can change your own marriage. Gaining wisdom from other Godly couples is the best advice. Craig and Amy are such a loving and devoted couple. They have blessed me through this book and I plan to implement the advice from this book. My marriage can always use Godly wisdom. 

*This book was given to my by Book Look Bloggers for review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: