Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/12/15

For more Happy Homemaker Monday please visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM!

Welcome back! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Internet today. We had a wonderful weekend filled with family and fun. It seems to go by so quickly. I hope you are staying warm and cozy. 

The Weather Outside Is:::
It is about 40 degrees outside and it's raining cats and dogs. I am so glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

On The Breakfast Plate This Morning:::
Paleo smoothie. It was delicious and keeps me full until lunch. 

As I Look Outside My Window:::
It is dreary and looks really cold. The leaves have fallen completely now and the ground is covered with their beautiful colors. 

Right Now I Am:::
Drinking an afternoon cup of coffee and about to eat some grapes. I am also baking a whole chicken. 

As I Look Around The House:::
It is actually very tidy right now. We started the boys on a chore chart schedule. They love to check off things they have done so they did everything before noon. I wonder what they will think when I tell them they have to make sure to keep it up throughout the day. They are doing such a good job. The dishes are done, floors clear of toys, and laundry is being done now. 

On Today's To Do List:::
LAUNDRY- check
BAKE A CHICKEN FOR DINNER- check
HOMESCHOOLING- check
WORK ON BLOG- check
FIND JOY IN EVERY MOMENT- working on that

Currently Reading:::
In This Mountain- Jan Karon
Made To Crave- Lysa Tyrkeurst
Preacher's Daughter- can't remember the author...mommy brain!

On TV Today:::
For Christmas, my husband and I gave a family gift of Netflix. We have all been enjoying it. We LOVE to watch series. The first one we tried was Marco Polo...don't waste your time. It is nothing short of p*o*r*n. It was disgusting and we were both embarrassed by the se*ual content. Please do not watch it! Instead we found a mostly clean show called Black List. We are addicted. We both love murder mysteries. We will be watching more episodes of this show once the little ones are in bed. 

On The Menu This Week:::
Monday- baked chicken (a whole one), steamed veggies, salad
Tuesday- soup with the leftover chicken
Wednesday- Fend For Yourself night (whatever you throw together yourself...cereal for the kids)
Thursday- eggs and spinach omelets with cheese and bacon
Friday- can't remember what I put on the menu...mommy brain again
Saturday- burgers with lettuce buns and grilled veggies
Sunday- roast with potatoes, carrots, celery

What I Am Creating Today:::
I made a chore chart and a behavior chart for my children. I actually made them myself. Woo hoo!

New Recipe:::
Baked whole chicken. I made an herb butter with fresh rosemary, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and garlic. I covered the whole chicken with the herb butter as well as under the skin on the breast. I stuffed it with carrots, celery, lemon, and onion. I can't wait to eat it!

Favorite Photo From The Camera:::

He had a cupcake with green frosting. Can you tell?

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, Devotionals:::



I hope you all have a very wonderful and blessed week!!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Your chicken sounds like it is going to be yummy :) I agree with the Netflix series, you really have to be careful will some of them. Oh my!! Have a wonderful week.

Pamela said...

I enjoyed your post. The chicken sounds delicious and I found charts to be very successful when my daughter was younger. Have a great week!