Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday- 1/26/15

Another weekend has come and gone. Why does time fly so fast? We had an awesome weekend. My husband and I actually went on a date. I know, I can't believe it either. We rarely get to do that anymore so it was a very special treat. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my husband. 




The Weather Outside Is:::
It is actually about 50 degrees outside right now with a slight overcast. BUT, we are supposed to get a snow storm tonight. Haha. Virginia weather!

On The Breakfast Table This Morning:::
Actually, all I had was some coffee and a protein shake. It was okay but I won't do that often. 

As I Look Outside My Window:::
It looks nice. Sun keeps peeking in and out.

Right Now I Am:::
Writing on my blog...haha. I have a lot on my mind. I have been praying a lot and thinking about my children and the kind of mother I want to be to them. 

As I Look Around The House:::
It is a not mess! I have a lot to do but no energy at all. I haven't been sleeping well lately so things have gone undone. I will do a bunch of it later on...after a short rest. 

On Today's To Do List:::
Laundry- fold the baskets that are clean
Grocery Store- check
Dishes- will do later
Bake a chicken for dinner- getting ready to put it in the oven

Currently Reading:::
Keep It Shut by Karen Ehman....oh yeah, it is a good book about what to say and how to say it. 

On The TV Today:::
My husband is watching some 3 night history show on the history channel. I dozed off last night. I am super tired lately. I am hoping to catch some of it tonight though.

On The Menu This Week:::
Monday- Baked chicken, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli
Tuesday- chicken soup with leftover baked chicken
Wednesday- I am going on a date with my dad and the guys will have whatever daddy fixes
Thursday- breakfast for dinner (my fav)
Friday- Korean beef with rice and veggies

What I Am Creating At The Moment:::
I have decided to start a new quilt. I am excited and very determined. 

New Recipe:::
The Korean Beef I am making on Friday night is from the Six Sister's Stuff Cookbook (the one with 52 weeks of recipes). I am looking forward to trying it out. 

Favorite Photo From The Camera:::

This is from almost 3 years ago. My niece is turning 3 this week!!

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, Or Devotions:::
I am praying for my BFF this week. She is starting a new job and I am so proud of her. It is so exciting and nerve racking. I am thinking of her a lot today!

For more Happy Homemaker Monday please visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM



4 comments:

Penny said...

I think my husband is watching the same documentary on the History Channel. I hope you get some much needed rest. Have a wonderful week :)

Pamela said...

Aren't date nights fun? Have a great week!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

I think I need to read that book! Knowing when to bite my tongue is definitely something I struggle with!

Have a great week!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

I think I need to read that book! Knowing when to bite my tongue is definitely something I struggle with!

Have a great week!